Author Topic: So We Wanna Know...What Made You Start Doing Parkour/Freerunning?  (Read 131544 times)

Offline ii44shot

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: So We Wanna Know...What Made You Start Doing Parkour/Freerunning?
« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »
How did I get into Apk
Umh well I seen movies that had Parkour . I could do Free runnin witch i love , Untill i seen Parkour

Offline Wyatt D

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Time to Bounce ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 12, 2015, 11:42:38 AM »
i had just moved out of my mothers house and into a slightly bigger town with my dad so i took what i had, a handful of friends and went to the fair grounds and we started running around and playing tag in a sheep barn jumping fences then we "upgraded" to an abandon pork plant it took a little more skill but me and 2 others were up for the challange and then they all went to skateboarding because it was more practical but i could never catch on so i moved and now im looking for like minded indiviuals in the watertown sd area
Parkour isn't an art it's a way of life

Offline colemicr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2015, 06:31:56 AM »
I started out wanting to do something cool really. I got into tutorials to learn vaults and started from their. I know almost all the mainstream vaults already and i'm working on learning flips. I don't really have a safe place to train for flips but i'm getting there. Any tips? Thanks. ;D :P ??? :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Skylar.Layne

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Parkour Till You're Old And Broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2015, 11:54:24 AM »
Well, back in the day, I was this fat kid that only played video games. Assassin's Creed, Mirrors Edge, and junk like that. Then, not too long ago,  I saw Eric Wolff. My brain was like "Hey, Kidd, Isn't this something that you'd like to do? Like, maybe for a living?"
And so now I am here, learning as much as I can, because it seems that I have fallen for the Flow.
So, dreams, basically. I want to be the best. And though the impossibility of this is almost a certainty, (Especially considering my late start) I can't help but try. Parkour is, forgive the cliche, an art that speaks to me on a wavelength that I cannot ignore.

Offline parkourkid2015

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • just keep training until you get it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 08, 2015, 06:36:52 AM »
I am 15 and I was inspired to do parkour because I always saw myself doing parkour but I didn't know it was parkour until my brother showed me a parkour video and i realized it was what i had always wanted to do.

Offline Adrian13 Pk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 17, 2015, 07:40:41 AM »
I recently started parkour Like a Month ago I like it was got me started was
I love to run and Do Parkour So I Moastly Do Free Running But I've Ben Trying to Do flips And there So hard to Do But I won't ever give up Trying after all I'm only 13 And I Still have much to learn
Young AKP

Offline parkourkid2015

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • just keep training until you get it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 17, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
that is good and i havnt even started doing them and im 15 so good luck.

Offline lildrummerninja

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 17, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »
I had heard about Parkour years ago from a friend who used to do it and had a background in martial arts. He got injured a lot though.
Anyways, about a month or two ago I was looking for some V-sit tutorials, found a Tapp brothers tutorial, and found Parkour. I just fell in love with it, especially the philosophy behind it.

Offline Wxiba

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 27, 2015, 08:47:13 PM »
Yeah, not gonna lie, I mostly got into because of comics. That was what got me started, but what kept me going with it was really just the adrenaline and how awesome it felt. And maybe a little bit still because of comics. Me and one of my friends have Friday "Vigilante Training Night" where we just get together, practice parkour, and spar with different bamboo weapons. It's fun. If you see someone running around in a Robin outfit, it is definitely not me. Nope, not me.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 17, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »
Hah! Dude that is so cool.

Hmm.. If I do see a guy running around dressed like Robin, I'll have to ask you-I mean not you-if I can join.
Live Free, Run Free
Don't go beyond your boundaries, expand them.
Never stop playing.

Offline DanielCarlson1222

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • There is no easy way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 29, 2015, 11:35:40 AM »
I started actual training about 6 months ago. A little over 4 years ago my friend told me how he went to a place called Urban Evolution. He told me how he did parkour, and was taking 15 foot drops and stuff. Naturally I wanted to try it because we were only 8 years old at the time.  So I took an intro on my 9th birthday.  And then I completely forgot about it. At the begining of this year I switched schools. I basically lost all all my friends. I had only ever had 2 and now we were at seperate schools and they were doing sports. I had never liked team sports so I looked around on the internet and found out about parkour. I was watching a couple videos when I realized that I had done this before! I told my mom and she took me to Urban Evolution and I was hooked. Parkour became my escape from everything. Nobody talked to me at school because I was the new kid, to I just read books in class and parkoured at recces. not for attention, like some people, just cause I had nothing else to do. Parkour became a talking point for me and I soon got my old friend who first told me about it into doing it too. Hes not commited, and just does it as a passtime, but its nice to have someone to train with. In a way parkour changed my life. Well, sorry for writing so much. I know I was just supposed to write how I got into, not what it did for me. Oops.
The glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising when we do.
Obstacles are made to be overcome.
He who says he can and he who says he cant are both probably right
If you ever say you cant tell yourself... Why Not? Chances are you cant come up with a good reason. If you do, eliminate it.

Offline noobienoob222

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 08, 2015, 10:21:43 PM »
I has some friends at school who did it. They were into martial arts, anime, parkour, etc. I heard them talk about it and saw other people doing it. I thought it looked fun. I like martial arts, etc. and I found some parkour compilations online and decided I wanted to actually do this because that makes me like a real life video game character.

Offline LoneWolfPkFr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 21, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »
I'm still kinda starting but what got me interested is videos from the internet. I saw some people doing it and I thought that if I could do that then I might not be as depressed as I had a depression problem. But right when I actually started I knew that it would help. Even though I'm not very good yet  :) If anybody has any tips about getting better and pretty much begginer stuff then I would love to hear them! I'm going to the Chicago colossal jam to get some training from pros.

Offline ryan.kelley63

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 16, 2015, 05:02:48 PM »
 Hey guys/girls ummm i guess i just never really had anyway of expressing myself, so when i started just doing the basics of parkour i just felt like i was free and nothing could stop me. I am still a beginner but i'm looking for someone to practice with me and teach me..... so let me know if anyone is interested.  :P ;D ;D ;D

Offline Squingelz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 26, 2015, 01:22:21 AM »
i just kind of started one day but arrow made me want to do more then it turned out my friend had the same interest and now we are actively trying to become pro

Offline DNy39

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 28, 2015, 06:34:02 AM »
I started doing because I watched Tracer, America Ninja Warrior, and a couple of David Belle's videos: and immediately thought: Heck yeah, I can finally be a freakin' ninja!!

Offline hudsonsquirrel11

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 04, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »
I have always liked jumping and climbing around basically wherever I go. I just now really started conditioning for and learning parkour because I wanted to take it to the next level I guess.

Offline andyrocks_a

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 30, 2015, 02:16:32 PM »
I watched the movie Tracers, and I immediately knew, I needed to get into parkour.

Offline Rogue Siren

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 06, 2015, 11:33:25 AM »
I took gymnastics during most of my childhood and up through high school. Skill-wise I never really got past level 5 or 6. Gymnastics was always fun, but I was stuck in a gym on mats. I'm a super artistic, creative type and very into costuming. I'm a real life mermaid, swim in a tail and everything. I've been wanting to get my strength back, get back into shape. And my future Black Widow and Spider Gwen cosplays are extreme motivators for me. I don't want to just look pretty, I want to have the strength and skill to back it up. Also: Zombie Apocalypse. Lol

I teach gymnastics as well and one of my girls has an Avengers routine my mother and I choreographed. When I was little my brother and friend had a Spider Man routine. Its about time I really trained this. :)

Offline alexdec2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 06, 2015, 03:12:59 PM »
Watching extreme parkour video like this one: https://youtu.be/pE12V-yDf90