Author Topic: "First Time For Everything"  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
"First Time For Everything"
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:27:55 PM »
My first video.  Ever.

BACKSTORY:  One of my goals since I started training was to make a video before I turned 30.  Today, with a little over two months to make that happen, I decided to get off my butt and get to work.  This was the end result of a day's filming and editing. 

It's not pro level standards by any means, and it's definitely not the best video in the world.  But it's mine, and I love it. 

SIDE NOTE: You will hear a loud slamming noise at the end of the "PSA" section.  That's a U.S. Marshall coming to yell at me.   ;D  Once again, a good reason not to train in areas where it would be considered sketchy!!

Enjoy.  Most of you should get a good LOL out of it, if just for the music selection alone.
--C

Posts by Mr. Seaton should be interpreted as simply for either informational purposes or his own pure amusement, and are never to be construed as providing legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: "First Time For Everything"
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »
30 year old redneck PK ftw
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »

Posts by Mr. Seaton should be interpreted as simply for either informational purposes or his own pure amusement, and are never to be construed as providing legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.

Offline Macgyver 0.

• Mangabey
  • "Best way out...is through" Courage Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 05:30:09 PM »
GO CHRIS GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!

if we want a point in our lives we have to make it, if we want happiness then we have to do our best to get happy. you can be a mindless drone, or you can go out and do something great. -Texas Steve-/b]
working on Dive kong

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 05:35:34 PM »
Thanks, family. 

Next time we film my training buddy M. McC wants in on the fun.  So it will probably be a more collaborative effort in the next release.

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:23:46 PM »
Thanks for the video duder!! Love Ya.  Loved the under bar.  Keep your arms a little more wile running.

I wish I had some 30 year old rednecks running with me here in Indiana!! 
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 02:13:39 AM »
'Preciage, Fox. 

The arm thing...I don't know why that happened, but it's something I'm working on correcting.  This is gonna sound really hack, but I NEVER do or did that until the camera started rolling... :(

Offline Zak_Auwalu

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:17:43 AM »
Nice work man :P

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »
It happens man I have a lot of issues with what I do with my arms.  Just not used to thinking about where they should be so I keep them stiff and in front of me.  Tooo much marching band I think j/k.

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 04:47:19 PM »
It happens man I have a lot of issues with what I do with my arms.  Just not used to thinking about where they should be so I keep them stiff and in front of me.  Tooo much marching band I think j/k.

FOX WAS A BAND NERD?

W00T!!!  BAND NERDS UNITE.

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 05:09:38 PM »
Wanna know who else?  This is going to blow your mind, Levi Meeuwenberg.  There are a few others but I am unable to think of the other well known ones at this time.

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »
Wanna know who else?  This is going to blow your mind, Levi Meeuwenberg.  There are a few others but I am unable to think of the other well known ones at this time.

...my head just exploded. 

There is hope for me yet.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 06:00:11 PM »
:) I was about to say the arm thing but it got addressed. :) Good job Chris.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Josh Wright

• Hirundo Rustica
  • A world is out there to explore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 08:21:47 PM »
Nice job, Chris! It's good to see a video from you! It's great to see people share such great words of wisdom on the forums but I feel so empty when I can't find a video of them anywhere :(!

But now... there is one of the legendary Chris Seaton! NOICE! And I know all about the hillbillies... I live in Alabama =-D

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »
may i ask if the heel strikes were intentional? your running form seems like it needs to be tweaked. it might help you over all with balance and foot placement.

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »
may i ask if the heel strikes were intentional? your running form seems like it needs to be tweaked. it might help you over all with balance and foot placement.

No intention, and I didn't really even notice it until you mentioned it, Max.  Thanks. 

It's hack saying this, but I'll say it again--I never do this stuff when I'm just concentrating on running.  I'm amazed at even when I'm out goofing around with something like making a video I find little things in my technique to play with and make better. 

MORAL OF THE STORY: MAKE VIDEOS, KIDS.  You'll have a lot of fun with it, and you'll get a lot more tips/improvement type stuff from re-examining your movements on tape (even though you may be like me and goofing with your videos).

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
No intention, and I didn't really even notice it until you mentioned it, Max.  Thanks. 

It's hack saying this, but I'll say it again--I never do this stuff when I'm just concentrating on running.  I'm amazed at even when I'm out goofing around with something like making a video I find little things in my technique to play with and make better. 

MORAL OF THE STORY: MAKE VIDEOS, KIDS.  You'll have a lot of fun with it, and you'll get a lot more tips/improvement type stuff from re-examining your movements on tape (even though you may be like me and goofing with your videos).

videos are helpful to understand how you look when you move but, focus on feeling your body and knowing what its doing. i now feel a distinct difference in posture and other things when i move if i dont do it correctly.

have you done any barefoot training? it really gets you to understand how your body moves.

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 02:07:36 PM »
I do bits here and there in Vibrams.  Probably should work more at it, to be honest.

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 03:49:32 PM »
I do bits here and there in Vibrams.  Probably should work more at it, to be honest.
id give it a go with nothing but your skin. it really does change your life when you realize shoes are actually completely optional. ive done everything from climb trees to actual parkour in the urban environment in bare feet.

spend a few days a week barefoot qm and running and you will see a huge change. also, stay off the heels, your calves will gain significant strength from just that.

definitely keep doing what your doing though. you do a lot of rolls? also how long have you been training?