Author Topic: My first double front outside  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Flipkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
Re: My first double front outside
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 08:15:26 PM »
What to say... Lets just not, okay?
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 08:15:49 PM »
Looks like you over rotated by about a quarter.  Get well soon.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Flipkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »
What to say... Lets just not, okay?
Im gonna get it soon.

Offline Streek

• Patas
  • Hm... What should I put here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
What's so important about a double front flip that you would increase your chance of dying?
Gun goes pew pew.
Sword goes cut cut.
Traceur no make noise because they ninja. :3

Offline Flipkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 10:37:16 PM »
What's so important about a double front flip that you would increase your chance of dying?
Its just a whole new level of freedom. Ive come to the conclusion of single fronts, they're no fun anymore; so now I want to get doubles :)

And I have to start somewhere. So... Thats it  ;)

Offline /shane/

• Mangabey
  • Parkour is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 11:23:56 PM »
I don't understand the tricker mentality either, I enjoy tricks and freerunning etc. but anything that I can't safely build up to and know I can do, I don't do. Those little injuries you get now from bailing might come back to haunt you when you're older.

But that's just me, I have a friend who double sideflipped off that exact spot and landed well cause he practiced so much, you can see it in his showreel here if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0OkEEDAMnU Anyway's if you really feel like you have to do it, try to make a similar scenario setup in a gym onto pads until you're 100% sure you can do it. Good luck.
A state of mind when you are performing a physical movement that is neither too simple or too complex. Your focus rules out all other mental processes, your mind has no time for words, worries, or distractions. There is only timing, spatial awareness, and the feeling of satisfaction as you land

Offline Streek

• Patas
  • Hm... What should I put here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 11:42:37 PM »
What he /shane/ said. :)
Train safe and good luck man.
Gun goes pew pew.
Sword goes cut cut.
Traceur no make noise because they ninja. :3

Offline steve dahlin

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour/Freerunning/Tricking
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 12:34:58 PM »
At least you got to join the Sandy Face club
I like Tricking and Free Running, i don't think i actually do parkour, because i do it for fun and self expression, which would change the term to free running.

Offline Flipkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 12:52:04 PM »
At least you got to join the Sandy Face club
::)

Offline Flashblastx

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
WHAT A f#ckING MAN!!!!!!!!!
Love

Offline Flipkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 04:42:26 PM »
We better be the reason everyone knows of the SFC, we invented it. But who's this  double fronting, he looks like some guy i would never let stay with me for 3 weeks.....
I had sex in ur house.

Twice.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:19:06 AM by FreeStyleFox »

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 04:47:06 PM »
OP is dangerous, your group is immature, and your demeanor is inappropriate.
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline Cody Bolen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 04:55:42 PM »

Dude chill out, there just a bunch of friends.  By the way the dub front attempt was awesome, if you can over rotate then you can land it, just a matter of timing now. s for people who say they don't understand the tricker mentality I say WTF??? Why would you want to settle for being average when you could acheive greatness. If a dub front is what makes him happy then let him be, keep the negativity to yourself, it's doubtful you'll change his opinion anyways.

Offline Flipkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »
Im just living life man, I love everyone; hope we can train someday  :)

Offline Dylan Antonsen

• Mangabey
  • Have efficiency, will travel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure no matter how much prep you make, anything you do can be dangerous.
Why bother pointing out the fact?
Plus, I've seen his double fronts in a vid in the gym, they were like perfect.
why must you troll?
=[

Good attempt, at least you didn't under rotate. Have you got any fear about it now? Looks like it hurt like a bitch, but not enough to stop you.
Ten pushups, twenty crunches, twenty squats.
^My version of the ten pushups club.

Offline Flipkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 05:47:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure no matter how much prep you make, anything you do can be dangerous.
Why bother pointing out the fact?
Plus, I've seen his double fronts in a vid in the gym, they were like perfect.
why must you troll?
=[

Good attempt, at least you didn't under rotate. Have you got any fear about it now? Looks like it hurt like a bitch, but not enough to stop you.
Im not really scared of pain, but rather damage that would hold me back from training; so as far as being afraid to throw them outside again, I wont be scared only because I know that if I fell again it would only hurt really bad and not likely injure me.

I think the reason I fell was because of fear.. I was scared, and I got angry at myself for BEING scared, and I used my anger to push myself into the flip, got lost in the moment of being angry and flipping, and ended up over rotating. It'd be best next time for me to take a calmer approach and not hype it up to myself as much.

But definitely lots more practice in the gym first; at least 3 gym nights. One more week or so beforwe I try it again outside.

Offline Dylan Antonsen

• Mangabey
  • Have efficiency, will travel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 06:01:58 PM »
Im not really scared of pain, but rather damage that would hold me back from training; so as far as being afraid to throw them outside again, I wont be scared only because I know that if I fell again it would only hurt really bad and not likely injure me.

I think the reason I fell was because of fear.. I was scared, and I got angry at myself for BEING scared, and I used my anger to push myself into the flip, got lost in the moment of being angry and flipping, and ended up over rotating. It'd be best next time for me to take a calmer approach and not hype it up to myself as much.

But definitely lots more practice in the gym first; at least 3 gym nights. One more week or so beforwe I try it again outside.
That's actually how I am with most things. I just have terrible luck, and that has made me paranoid about bailing, breaking something like my arm, and losing all my work on that arm and losing arm related movement work.
I progress slowly but surely. xD

Very good you're going back and training more instead of just right back to the sand, MUCH luck bro.
Ten pushups, twenty crunches, twenty squats.
^My version of the ten pushups club.

Offline /shane/

• Mangabey
  • Parkour is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
Dude chill out, there just a bunch of friends.  By the way the dub front attempt was awesome, if you can over rotate then you can land it, just a matter of timing now. s for people who say they don't understand the tricker mentality I say WTF??? Why would you want to settle for being average when you could acheive greatness. If a dub front is what makes him happy then let him be, keep the negativity to yourself, it's doubtful you'll change his opinion anyways.

I know, that's why I said that's my personal view, putting extra flips and twists to the point of risking paralysis etc. is something I don't do personally I then continued to wish him luck if he wanted to do it and pointed out that someone I knew did a double side at that same spot and was fine because he had prepared a little better for it, it was just a tip. I never meant to sound negative.

btw I know you've got them really good on the gym tumble track, and will probably do it perfect next time I'm just saying if you can stack up enough pads to get a somewhat similar height next to a foam pit and practice coming out at just the right moment, and then put pads on the foam pit stacked to ground level, you'll feel a lot better about doing it and will probably nail it perfectly. But like I said, that's just my opinion. Good luck.  :)
A state of mind when you are performing a physical movement that is neither too simple or too complex. Your focus rules out all other mental processes, your mind has no time for words, worries, or distractions. There is only timing, spatial awareness, and the feeling of satisfaction as you land

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »
There's a "tricker mentality"? Haha where do you people come up with this stuff?

@Flipkid- don't listen to these guys. There is no right or wrong way to train. If the jumps you're doing are making you happy, then at the end of the day you win at life.

<3
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)