Author Topic: Thoughts on an "End of Summer" Jam  (Read 8307 times)

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Thoughts on an "End of Summer" Jam
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »
Hey guys and dolls!  Was shooting the idea around in my head a few days ago and thought Pamperin Park BBQ/JAM in Green Bay would be a fine place for a Wisconsin end of summer jam to take place perhaps end of September, early October.  They do provide tent space with a permit and I'll check on pricing. I have potential crash pad at a friend's house if she's cool with a one or two night thing.  Any thoughts would be awesome as I can almost taste the stale cold wind slapping training right in the face.  Give me a shout!
Training is the facilitation of your belief in it.

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
Re: Thoughts on an "End of Summer" Jam
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »
I like this idea.

Make it so. Let us know the dates, times, prices, locations.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Erus de Parkour

• Patas
  • I'm A traceur for God
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »
Dude, taht would be AWESOME!!! But, Quick question for you... how would someone who cant drive and lives like 3 hours away get there?
“Parkour belongs to the ones who live it, not the ones who want to live thanks to it” -David Belle

365 Day Challenge

Offline Marquiz Xavier Teniente

• Patas
  • As the spirit wanes, the form appears.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »
Make it so.
That was straight Janeway muse, nice. Lay out a plan, I'd love to come check out brown county.
"In 1953-1954 we dérived for three or four months straight. That’s the extreme limit. It’s a miracle it didn’t kill us."
—Ivan Chtcheglov

Offline Tenzoroku

• Guenons
  • super fresh!
    • View Profile
    • WausauPK FB
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:01:18 AM »
yeah so i can see if i can get those days off
founder of WausauPK.

Offline Quicksilver7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 04:41:44 PM »
im down, ill try and bring some guys too. saturdays would be the best for me since im still in high school  :P

Offline Erus de Parkour

• Patas
  • I'm A traceur for God
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 03:06:14 PM »
Do you have the dates down dude?
“Parkour belongs to the ones who live it, not the ones who want to live thanks to it” -David Belle

365 Day Challenge

Offline Blair Fogeltanz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 05:31:45 PM »
I Know i have been out of the community for awhile but a jam in gb would bring me back in real quick. Hope this works out
Running is the only transportation that gives you complete freedom and parkour allows the freedom to continue through our urbanized world.

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »
Glad to see people interested. I just landed a second shift M-F job with Fed Ex here in GB so the weekend is definitely the way to go. I'll stop by Pamperin tomorrow and get the number for "more information" about camping if anyone feels the need for nature. I have a hospital trip the 7th of October which is a Thursday but would be up and running again for that weekend, the 9th and 10th , Saturday/Sunday. Week after might be a little more time for people to ask off, plan on travel and expenses so keep that in mind and get back to this thread with your details. Packers have an away game with Washington that weekend so motels should be reasonable if need be, the week after is a home game however.  I will be checking with my friend and her place if she would let us use the basement overnight.

More details to come but most of the fun and adventure would be taking place at Pamperin Park, google it for details.  We can sight see or carpool to different locations as time and people attending permits.  Keep me posted and I'll do my best to bring this together!

Offline Paul Kannenberg

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 12:19:11 AM »
just for my two cents i can't do the 9th cuz i'm helping run a LARP in madison area. so the next weekend would be my preference.

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 09:58:12 AM »
Green Bay Parks Dept. # is 920-448-4466 to call about camping. I also had a thrilling idea to discuss the possibility of using a nearby pub and grill for our base of operations as they seem to have plenty of parking and an empty lot for possible camping. I would need a head count on how many people think they'd be doing such and then I could present them with an estimate and price per kind of deal and see if they bite. Could save money, who knows. Anyhow keep this thread alive and we may have this taken care of b4 the snow hits!

Much love my runners,

James

Offline Quicksilver7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 06:38:18 PM »
Saturdays good for me. Unfortunately I'm busy every Sunday so I won't be there for it then. I live about 45 minutes away so I (and some others who may be coming) will probably not be camping. Its an easy enough trip from here to Green Bay. But ya the sooner the better, I'm not a huge fan of pk in the snow haha.

Offline Erus de Parkour

• Patas
  • I'm A traceur for God
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 02:38:55 PM »
I will, unfortunatally, not be able to attend... unless my broken foot heals in a matter of days =(

365 Day Challenge

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »
Let's do this...Saturday Oct. 16...two weeks from this Saturday...Pamperin Park in Green Bay...10am. tentative start time with day progressing with randomness...lunch at the park which is haul your own trash out...Bring what you like, grills available and coal dumps too...I will do my best to provide a bunch, head count would be appreciated...hit this thread soon and I may be able to arrange space since I am moving to GB this weekend.

May be chilly so bring appropriate attire and lets make this happen. Either way I am gonna be out at Pamperin on the 16th at 10am with grill products and my training hat on!  Peace my fellow runners.

Offline Yimchaloi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »
Looks like both Tenzoroku and myself should be at Pamperin Park this Saturday to join ya'll, and we may be able to drag a friend or two along if they can get offa work.  I don't think we'll be there as early as 10am, but likely early afternoon.  Outside of grub'n cameras, anything else we should bring?  And how many people are thinking of showing up?

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
Glad to hear it and good questions!  Not really that epic of a planned event as well as lack of forum communication so a head count isn't worked out as of right now. Maybe by Friday? Lol it'll just be a good time to get out and meet some local personality and check the area out.  I'll be out for most of the day hopefully. Later that night is UFC 120 free on Spike which may be an event to check out while you're in town :) Hope weather goes our way!

Offline Quicksilver7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
Ok I have a few things to add. Firstly I wish I could give a head count, but several people I know are still ify about coming. I will try my hardest, but my car broke down yesterday so unless my parents are cool with giving up the one vehicle for the whole day, or a friend of mine can give me a ride, I'm kind of stuck here. Thus far I (hopefully) will be attending, with my brother, and at least one other friend. Hopefully I'll have several more but I can't make any promises.

Offline Tenzoroku

• Guenons
  • super fresh!
    • View Profile
    • WausauPK FB
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 01:53:57 PM »
yeah man it looks like we are heading there by noon.
founder of WausauPK.

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »
920-851-1310 hit my phone with a text or call when you hit town if you are coming.  Since it looks like most if not all of the joiners are hitting gb around noon or later I may postpone my arrival at Pamperin as to not sit around alone for most of the day.  Should be a good time today.

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 12:52:50 PM »
I'd like to thank all the guys from around the way who made it out Saturday for our end of summer jam.  I'm sure the guys from Wausau PK will have some footage made up and posted in the future.  Hope we can arrange another gathering sometime down the road and keep this sense of community going throughout the state!  Thanks again guys.