Author Topic: Does a glass of water really kick start your day to eat healthy?  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Charles "Fel" Harageones

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Does a glass of water really kick start your day to eat healthy?
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 03:25:35 AM »
I don't know if it will kick start your day, but I know that (supposedly... and I think it's true) someone who is hydrated properly will have a faster metabolism than if they were dehydrated. It flushes you out, helping with natural detox. When the body is clean, cells metabolize oxygen and food more efficiently, and also removes cellular waste more efficiently.

Offline Nathaniel Kauffman

• Patas
  • Chaotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 01:31:18 PM »
Your body stores water overnight and in the morning you often have to urinate due to the storing of this fluid.  Sometimes your face is puffy, and unable to get a close shave because of this extra water.  I just learned this in Bio 121...so concluding from this, I would say that getting water initially in the morning would be a good thing, also seeing as how typically when I wake up I am thirsty, and in my one book....I think it said at the first sign of thirst, muscular power is decreased by 10%.  Don't quote me on these stats, but I think they are fairly accurate.
*Yawns*

Offline Fecteau

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Damn straight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 06:08:41 PM »
muscular power is decreased by 10%.  Don't quote me on these stats, but I think they are fairly accurate.
So is that why when I woke up in the morning in the past I couldn't clench my hand into a fist because my muscles were that weak?
Fecteau, you are the first person I will turn to when I break up with Micah, haha
;)
Fect, you get a gold star for the day.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 05:50:30 AM »
So is that why when I woke up in the morning in the past I couldn't clench my hand into a fist because my muscles were that weak?

Uhhh , that's probably another problem altogether...
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 08:10:07 AM »

See a doctor.

Offline Fecteau

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Damn straight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »
See a doctor.
That stopped around 10 years old, so it's all good now. But it was still really strange.
Fecteau, you are the first person I will turn to when I break up with Micah, haha
;)
Fect, you get a gold star for the day.