Author Topic: My current absence from the forums  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
My current absence from the forums
« on: July 28, 2010, 04:45:22 PM »
Hey guys,

I feel the need to give you all a lil update. Im sure you have noticed my lack of participation on the forums. Site in general.

While most of my lack of participation is due to not having my own computer, having to rely on whenever I get a chance, I have also been "focusing" on really doing the things I enjoy the most, while PK is one of them, it is really not at the top. Im just out there these days, moving, exploring, enhancing my life in several different ways.

I have noticed you guys are doing well planning jams w/o me. Something that in the pass worried me a bit. I dont want to feel like you all NEED me to be the leader, organizing event and what not. This is YOUR community, and with or without me it reminds to be so. Im not sure how much longer Ill be here (no plans of leaving, not today or tomorrow, but next month you never know) and I want to feel like HIpk will remind once/if I leave.

I do however need help from you guys. Front page is my most important responsibility. And while the forum can take care of itself, front page needs more attention. I used to updated it at least every other day but now a days it is harder for me, either for lack of info or just lack of computer access.

Id like to train a couple people. Who can help me take care of posting news on front page. Nothing else but that. Ill take care of the rest.

Then Id like to have some other people who can basically just send me stuff to post on the front page. Ready to just be posted. With a picture and content. You can send them to hawaiiparkour@gmail.com and then that will be put on cue/waiting list until it is ready to be posted.

Again, this is our community, this is our site, with everyones help it can be the best it can be.

You all continue to be awesome and doing what you do, what you do and bring to the community is already greatly appreciated.

Ill see you all at the next jam.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: My current absence from the forums
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »
Love ya man hope to see ya on sometime in the future fallow your path!
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Stacie

• Patas
  • Holy [insert witty word or phrase here], Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
Fool, you better still be there when I get back!!!  ;) :P At least for a little bit!
"Do NOT...eat that. It is a poisonous...magicpie!"

turtlekarma

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 01:01:05 AM »
I can share some of the load with the twice a month jam planning...maybe help with the main site if you like.

turtlekarma

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 04:16:11 PM »
Also I have a friend who plays around with data bases and building websites for fun...if you wanted to make some changes to the main website then he said he'd be willing to help out as a side project....for FREE!!!

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 12:00:39 AM »
Hey Hawaii Guys if you want you can send links to the planing for you Major Jams and I can post them on the APK Events Calendar.  dale@americanparkour.com  I know this isn't the best place to put this but I saw Jam planing brought up.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 02:32:25 PM »
Also I have a friend who plays around with data bases and building websites for fun...if you wanted to make some changes to the main website then he said he'd be willing to help out as a side project....for FREE!!!

Dude that is awesome, tell him to check it out and see what he can suggest. Thanks bro.
When I get a chance I can let you know how to post front page stuff.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Lion143

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 03:39:34 PM »
Hey guys,

I feel the need to give you all a lil update. Im sure you have noticed my lack of participation on the forums. Site in general.

While most of my lack of participation is due to not having my own computer, having to rely on whenever I get a chance, I have also been "focusing" on really doing the things I enjoy the most, while PK is one of them, it is really not at the top. Im just out there these days, moving, exploring, enhancing my life in several different ways.

I have noticed you guys are doing well planning jams w/o me. Something that in the pass worried me a bit. I dont want to feel like you all NEED me to be the leader, organizing event and what not. This is YOUR community, and with or without me it reminds to be so. Im not sure how much longer Ill be here (no plans of leaving, not today or tomorrow, but next month you never know) and I want to feel like HIpk will remind once/if I leave.

I do however need help from you guys. Front page is my most important responsibility. And while the forum can take care of itself, front page needs more attention. I used to updated it at least every other day but now a days it is harder for me, either for lack of info or just lack of computer access.

Id like to train a couple people. Who can help me take care of posting news on front page. Nothing else but that. Ill take care of the rest.

Then Id like to have some other people who can basically just send me stuff to post on the front page. Ready to just be posted. With a picture and content. You can send them to hawaiiparkour@gmail.com and then that will be put on cue/waiting list until it is ready to be posted.

Again, this is our community, this is our site, with everyones help it can be the best it can be.

You all continue to be awesome and doing what you do, what you do and bring to the community is already greatly appreciated.

Ill see you all at the next jam.

LOL Don't feel bad. I disappeared suddenly for a year for a project that came up. Life goes on, bro.