Author Topic: I just went to the local natural food store  (Read 1519 times)

Offline James Cavin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
I just went to the local natural food store
« on: August 25, 2010, 07:53:40 AM »
And bought an organic fuji apple to try out.

Why has this been hidden from me for so long? That was the best damn apple i've ever had! Easily! Nothing even comes close to how good it was.

If all the organic food is this good, starting a paleo diet might be easier than I thought.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
Re: I just went to the local natural food store
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:00:29 AM »
Er....

Organic produce typically isn't all that different from normal produce unless you bought it from the guy who grows it directly...

Sorry to burst your bubble ;)

Offline James Cavin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:02:42 AM »
Nah, I think it was because it was a fuji apple. They don't sell those at our walmart

Offline Dan Elric

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:03:05 AM »
Organic?  Nah, depends on the source.  I'm kind of skeptical that it is better.

Fuji apples, on the other hand, are f#cking delicious.

Offline James Cavin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:10:02 AM »
Organic?  Nah, depends on the source.  I'm kind of skeptical that it is better.

Fuji apples, on the other hand, are f#cking delicious.

For real. My buddy had one with me. We agreed they were the best apples we've ever had. Why the crap doesn't walmart have these? Or if they do, why the crap haven't I ever had one...?

I told my wife that i'm taking her to the natural food store on our next date. We're gonna have a fuji apple dinner. She just called me a "f#ckin' idiot."  ;D

Offline Happy Fries

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »
For real. My buddy had one with me. We agreed they were the best apples we've ever had. Why the crap doesn't walmart have these? Or if they do, why the crap haven't I ever had one...?

I told my wife that i'm taking her to the natural food store on our next date. We're gonna have a fuji apple dinner. She just called me a "f#ckin' idiot."  ;D

Wal-mart is.... walmart....

Where-as your local food store guy... is a local food store guy. He probably cares more about your food than the managers of walmart do.

That said, was it a super walmart? Super Targets also tend to have a wider selection of apples too, last time I went. But, I would feel better buying from the local food guy than walmart any day.
I stepped into a new world. I watched you fly, saw you as a friend, the spirit of dreams. I imagined a new world, lands far away and imagined those faces as you hung in their sky. I'm leaving ground, stepping into a new world.
- Airships

Offline Ryan Nicolai

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Notorius Buttmunch
    • View Profile
    • Hehehe
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 11:15:44 AM »
I'm a fan of home-grown foods more so than organic food. Glad you like the apples though.

Luckily, I live about 30 minutes or so from Amish Country in Ohio. It's nice because you know where your food has been since you're getting it directly from the source and it allows you to develop relationships with people you might otherwise never have communicated with.

“The character that takes command in moments of crucial choices has already been determined by a thousand other choices made earlier in seemingly unimportant moments." ~ Ronald Reagan

Offline Nassit

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »
yeah fuji apples are really good even if not organic, but i go to farmers market where everybody grew their stuff locally and organic and it really does taste so much better.

And if you start eating organic, the non organic end up tasting gross in my opinion, everything has wax on it to make it looks shiny, its full of pesticides =/

"Those who stand for nothing, will fall for anything."

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
i love fuji apples, i love apples in general.
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.