Author Topic: Teaching myself German  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
Re: Teaching myself German
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »
i think English is best... :P
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »
Haha... being multilingual has always been a desire of mine.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Jordan B

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »
I took four years of German and two years of french and one year of farsi, so at one point i was taking three languages at the same time. it was alot of fun, and actually not too hard. you should take french. its a great language to know since parkour originated in france and especially if you plan on maybe making a "pilgrimage" to lisses at some point of your life. Also its just a beautiful and fun language. If you need any help with german let me know! I excelled quite well, it almost came naturally to me.

Offline Ryan Nicolai

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Notorius Buttmunch
    • View Profile
    • Hehehe
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »
Knowing French would have come in handy when I talked with Yann. It's a goal of mine.

“The character that takes command in moments of crucial choices has already been determined by a thousand other choices made earlier in seemingly unimportant moments." ~ Ronald Reagan

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 12:10:03 PM »
I took four years of German and two years of french and one year of farsi, so at one point i was taking three languages at the same time. it was alot of fun, and actually not too hard. you should take french. its a great language to know since parkour originated in france and especially if you plan on maybe making a "pilgrimage" to lisses at some point of your life. Also its just a beautiful and fun language. If you need any help with german let me know! I excelled quite well, it almost came naturally to me.
Well French is on the list without question, I just don't see it as a priority since I don't see myself going to France anytime soon (but I WILL go eventually).

I wonder if it would be easier to study French and Spanish/Portuguese if I first got a handle on Italian since it's closest to Latin (I think?). 'Cuz it seems logical that languages that are closer together might seem faster to learn... though it might backfire if they are close together since it could be confusing which is which... ?
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Rebecca Myers

• Mangabey
  • Can you hear me up there? (miniPK)
    • View Profile
    • iPK
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 08:11:09 AM »
I wrote on your wall on facebook but I'll say it here, too.

Ich hab' 5 jahr Deutsch gelernt und letzten Sommer bin ich ein Monat da geblieb'. Frag mich ob du helfe brauchen oder will etwas ueben!

(I took 5 years of German and last summer I stayed there for a month. Ask me if you need help or want to practice something.)

Also: Whoever said that Nazi crap earlier, even as a joke, it's not cool.
I have this image of a tidal wave appearance from like 50 Traceurs and Traceuses doing PK from one end of a mall to the other. t'would be epic
Kyle(Rage)
iPK
Roof Police.
"Not now chief, I'm on the f****** roof."

Offline Hafer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »
Achtoliba! Sprechen deutch!?! Kuhl! Ich have deutche I'm Schule. Was ist Los meiner frunde?!?!

Offline Rebecca Myers

• Mangabey
  • Can you hear me up there? (miniPK)
    • View Profile
    • iPK
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 05:08:13 PM »
Achtoliba! Sprechen deutch!?! Kuhl! Ich have deutche I'm Schule. Was ist Los meiner frunde?!?!

Sprechst du Deutsch? Kuehl! Ich lerne Deutsch in der Schule. Was ist los?

I couldn't resist, haha. How long have you taken German?
I have this image of a tidal wave appearance from like 50 Traceurs and Traceuses doing PK from one end of a mall to the other. t'would be epic
Kyle(Rage)
iPK
Roof Police.
"Not now chief, I'm on the f****** roof."

Offline Hafer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2010, 06:55:32 AM »
Two years, but my iPod changes some things because of spellcheck, and I'm a bit rusty, but oh well haha.