Author Topic: who else cant wait for winter?  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
Re: who else cant wait for winter?
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 09:13:20 AM »
as long as there is no snow, ill live. i will need to buy some sweatpants because i can't wear jeans.
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.

Offline Zanuka

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 09:56:53 AM »
I mainly can't wait for winter to snowboard  ;D

IMO parkour is better in the spring/summer/fall... In winter you'd have to go out with like underarmour n sweatpants, and i'd freeze my butt off doing that unless i go all out

Offline Dom Rocco

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 10:31:23 AM »
Only 78 right now in Philly which is fine
f#ck basically everything above 85
I am looking forward to the fall
I used to love the summer and then I had to start actually wearing something other than shorts to work

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »
I used to love the summer and then I had to start actually wearing something other than shorts to work

all summer all i wore is shorts, never a shirt. thank god i don't have a job where i need to wear one.
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 10:56:54 AM »
A) last year it snowed more in Texas than it did in Connecticut, which for those who are geographically challenged is in the northeast

B) I love snow; it's pretty.  But I'm one of those people who wears the same thing year round SO if you ever see me in the winter, I'm wearing sweat or jeans and a t-shirt or tank... maybe a hoodie (but again I point out I was wearing a hoodie a few days ago and it was 90-sumtin degrees).
HOWEVER
I dont really like running/training in the cold air because well I'm not really coordinated...
I am unable to talk and txt at the same time, or talk and type, or talk while walking (this is why I walk into walls on a regular basis).
It amazes me how I am able to sing while driving... dont get in a car with me... but I digress
THAT BEING SAID I havent really been able to master breathing through my nose and running or jumping or whatever.  I cant focus on the two things at once, so I breathe heavy through my mouth... which isnt really good normally but sucks during the winter cause those heavy breaths of cold air f#cking kill your lungs...
SO

My opinion on winter:
Winter is pretty, but winter is painful.  However I do love snowboarding >.>
.:Don't think about it. Just do it:.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 11:23:05 AM »
Kendall I love that explanation. lol
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline James Cavin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 05:31:28 AM »
all summer all i wore is shorts, never a shirt. thank god i don't have a job where i need to wear one.

Lucky, lucky dog...

I get to wear full uniform with undershirt, pants bloused(sp?) in my boots, and a heavy ass gun belt even when it is 100+ outside. Makes me sad in pants...

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 05:39:08 AM »
yeah we know... everytime on chat i think he wore a shirt once xD
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline The Maestro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • If only you knew where this image comes from...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 07:58:47 AM »
some Winter days in Texas are really cold, specially 'cause of the wind some days.  but still much better than summers  8)

No...

No they aren't.  I remember living in Chicago and it would easily hit the negatives in January through February.  My family moved there before I was born, and their first year there it hit -70 (yup, that's a minus sign) with the wind chill.  The furnace in the basement (which has the footprint of a smart car and is 8 feet tall) was laboring to keep the house at 50. 

Texas doesn't have cold winters, they have 'brisk' winters.  In fact, during winter the only thing I say is 'brisk,' it is never cold outside.  Texas doesn't get chilly enough to be 'cold.'

Offline Macgyver 0.

• Mangabey
  • "Best way out...is through" Courage Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 08:32:31 AM »
No...

No they aren't.  I remember living in Chicago and it would easily hit the negatives in January through February.  My family moved there before I was born, and their first year there it hit -70 (yup, that's a minus sign) with the wind chill.  The furnace in the basement (which has the footprint of a smart car and is 8 feet tall) was laboring to keep the house at 50. 

Texas doesn't have cold winters, they have 'brisk' winters.  In fact, during winter the only thing I say is 'brisk,' it is never cold outside.  Texas doesn't get chilly enough to be 'cold.'

I've lived in Utah Mountains with blizzards.  I know what cold is.

if we want a point in our lives we have to make it, if we want happiness then we have to do our best to get happy. you can be a mindless drone, or you can go out and do something great. -Texas Steve-/b]
working on Dive kong

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 08:40:04 AM »
In the 90s all week up here in NY ;D
Shut up and Train

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »
I might move to New Zealand while it's winter here in the US
i've always wanted to move to new zealand!!!!!!!!!!!!! or rome ;D
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Pyrobyte

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »
I am so ready for winter. No more 110 degree heat and 110 humidity. Plus, no poison ivy, which means nature training.

Offline Swa

• Patas
  • Life's short, make fun of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 10:54:40 PM »

haha me too!  except i live in the valley.  but i go on tons of camping and hiking trips all year including winter.  ive gotten to the point where i can go in jeans an a t shirt out into the snow and do whatever the heck i want.  i remember at school in seventh grade the snow was about 4 feet high and i was out there swimming in it with a t shirt and jeans during lunch.  if i went to texas, i might die because of the heat.  60 degrees is normal for me, and for some its cold.  i dont see how though.

the snow doesnt bother me.  but it just makes everything slipppier...

have a nice day

Offline DevintheNinja

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 03:51:13 AM »
The gym practices will be packed this winter and I know some more fanboys will show up aaaarrrghhhh.

On the bright side there will be less people down on the strip so that means more jams downtown ;D
LVPK-Las Vegas Parkour
Urban Aces LV
I'm a security guard that WILL CHASE YOU!!!!!
Devintheninja's twitter page

Offline The Maestro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • If only you knew where this image comes from...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »

So you would agree in saying that it doesn't get cold in Texas?  It really never gets nasty here, and I like it that way.

Offline Garrett Oden

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Shoes Pro
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »
I live in Lubbock, Texas. During the summer in the middle of the day, it's often much to hot to get decent training in, so I'm excited about winter. However we do have those days where it gets below freezing randomly - and that makes breathing a bit more painful. But ultimately I welcome the cool air!
Check out my shoe recommendations at www.parkourshoespro.com!

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »
when it snows... i hope it melts than refreezes=hill of ice=high speed sledding>hill ends with a fence=jump off and hope for best/hit fence with lots of kinetic energy and hope for best
Shut up and Train