Author Topic: Can somebody help me identify this pain?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
Can somebody help me identify this pain?
« on: August 05, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »
While jogging, I've recently been experiencing some sharp pain in my foot. Its difficult to describe, but I'll be as exact as possible. When I jog, after about 20 minutes of going, the pain becomes very sharp and distinctive, to the point of being impossible to ignore. The pain is on the outside of my foot, on the top and on the side. If I had to point to it, I'd be pointing at the Cuboid region.

In the past, I've felt a dull ache there, but bypassed it. It has now moved from a dull ache to real pain, so I can't ignore it any more. Does anybody have idea what kind of pain I'm experiencing? I'm utterly confused. I've never felt this kind of pain.

Also, I've never injured this ankle, past little twists that last no more than a day. No sprains or breaks. At this point, if I roll my ankle all the way over the outside as far as it goes, I begin to feel the pain.

Any ideas?

Let me know if you need any additional information

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
Re: Can somebody help me identify this pain?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 06:41:10 PM »
Very likely a cuboid subluxation.  Or sprain of one of the nearby ligaments.  See a chiro who specializes in sports.
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.

Offline Zanuka

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 04:41:10 AM »
That sounds a little odd. There's no discoloration, inflammation, or anything along those lines?

My suggestion would be to rest your foot for a few days to see how it progresses. It could be serious but I doubt it, or else the pain would be more prominent.

Offline Sean

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • ^The Rail Flip^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 05:02:25 PM »
It might be a stress fracture :o or an enthesopathy (stress where the tenden meets the bone)

-Sean

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 03:55:46 PM »
Very likely a cuboid subluxation.  Or sprain of one of the nearby ligaments.  See a chiro who specializes in sports.

This.

Also,  start doing foot strengthening stuff like in this article:
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/11/shoes-sitting-and-lower-body-dysfunctions/
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book