Author Topic: Hamilton  (Read 1914 times)

Offline -Nick-Jansen-

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Hamilton
« on: July 31, 2010, 05:17:38 PM »
Anyone in Hamilton, Ontario?

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 05:08:14 PM »
I ran the community in Hamilton for five years, then passed it on to a Jordan Liviero.  The community is now being transferred yet again.

www.pkto.ca Go to the message board, then down to "Hamilton" as the subforum.

There are pretty much always some meets going down at either McMaster or Jackson Square..   We also do a weekly conditioning meet. and Sunday nights, we carpooled to Burlington to play at one of the best gymnastic facilities I've ever been in (and I've been all over BOTH countries).  Occasionally, we'll carpool to Toronto to play at The Monkey Vault, which is the Parkour facility up there.  The guys I started with seem to have dwindled in their activity.. Jordan's fed up with a lot of the community, so he's pulled back..  But Hamilton has been, for the past seven years, and always will be an extremely active city as far as Parkour goes.

Unfortunately, we're also kinda missing a lot of great places to train.  All the same.

Become a regular at PKTO's forums in the main sections, too.  That'll help out a lot.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline -Nick-Jansen-

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:48:46 AM »
Well, I'm only 12 and am located on the east mountain area, any good suggestions?

I can't train anywhere since Highview got torn down.

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 12:49:46 PM »
Get your parents' support and have them chaperone you to meets or take you to the Sunday night gym sessions in Burlington (it's not very deep into Burlington.. literally five minutes from downtown).

I'm still recommend you join PKTO's forum.  The locals in Hamilton can actually help you out better than I can since I don't live there anymore.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia