Author Topic: urban exploring  (Read 13188 times)

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: urban exploring
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010, 12:32:18 PM »
Going down a man hole is a terrible idea! There can be lethal gasses, and other dangerous shit down there. And there isn't even anything cool, just a lot of shit. What did you expect to find down there, treasure?

actually going down a manhole can lead to a few things, empty tunnels, water tunnels and sewage tunnels. on that note, good f#cking luck lifting one of those bad boys without the right tools.

ive personally NEVER, i repeat, NEVER found anything good in drainage tunnels. the best your going to find is an intersection where a few other tunnels merge with a grate overhead so you get a cool little scene thats well lit. other than that you will see pitch black, big spiders, cobwebs and more tunnels. tunneling is dangerous, you can end up dead in a flash flood or getting lost (if you happen to find a tunnel thats cool enough to get lost in). most of the cool stuff you guys all want to see is in the cities, i wouldnt recommend just dilly dallying around an unfamiliar city (every city is unless you live on that block, especially when it comes to mazes of underground tunnels). you can end up in bad situations, everything from squatters to gang bangers stash houses.

for anyone REALLY interested in picking up urban exploring i would really investigate on the internet before you decide to hop in a window of an abandoned building. theres things you need to know before you decide to try it out, none of which i will explain here.

not to mention its a huge legal issue, nine times out of ten (contrary to what some have said here) you will get fined and or arrested for trespassing, depending on how hot the area is. dont even bother with this hobby unless you are thoroughly trained in parkour, you never know what situation you will need to evade. i dont mean just learn vaults but, really understand your body. ive been in enough situations that my training has gotten me out of, everything from collapsing rooves and floors to slick tunnels.

And Max, those are some wonderful photos. :)

thank you to all who said this as well :)

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2010, 01:26:57 PM »
ITT Max is the Urban Exploring Guru. 

You, sir, are a winner at life.  Mad props to you.

Posts by Mr. Seaton should be interpreted as simply for either informational purposes or his own pure amusement, and are never to be construed as providing legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.

Offline Eli

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Wow, you guys still exist after all these years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2010, 11:08:22 AM »
I used to do a lot of Urbex. We have an old factory right by my house. However, they seem to be cracking down on the place as of late.
The Greatest Lesson A Traceur Learns
Quote from: Sai Chikine
Parkour spots are buried in random places.

Looking for me on the web?
Just Search for "SticktheFigure"

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2010, 07:02:37 PM »
What a revival of this thread?! No way?!

I would have created a new topic, but I didn't want to get bitched at for not using the search bar or anything. ANYWAYS, I found some really awesome abandoned buildings here. But I'm definitely researching this more, and trying to get a group to come with me. Ain't no way I'm going alone.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »

I would have created a new topic, but I didn't want to get bitched at for not using the search bar or anything. ANYWAYS, I found some really awesome abandoned buildings here. But I'm definitely researching this more, and trying to get a group to come with me. Ain't no way I'm going alone.

I would go alone...while packing heat...
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »
I would go alone...while packing heat...

I'm a 'fraidy cat going alone to places that I don't know much about. Rather do it with a group, plus much safer.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Adam C

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I jump over stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »
Max knows what's up.

Urban Exploring photo's depend on a few things to me. How awesome the place your in actually is and how good you are with photography. Because most places won't be anything special if you can't make them look special. Although one of my tricker friends took some maaaad good urban ex photos.

I'll repost all of these photos just to say:

INDIANAPOLIS FTW.

"Hi! I'm Mark Toorock from American Parkour. Today, we're going to be showing you parkour."

I will crush my mental blocks into a fine powder, and then I will construct a fabulous Zen garden.

Offline Tyler Summers

• Mangabey
  • La maladie du traceur
    • View Profile
    • Tylers911
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2010, 08:24:19 PM »
i will tomarrow. i have always wondered what was down the drain tunnels in our neighbor hood. im just worried because its starting too rain alot. theres also a spot here that has a tunnel big enough for two sticking out of the side of the road.
2 Samuel 22
30 For by you I can run against a troop; By my God I can leap over a wall.
33 God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.
34 ...he sets me on my high places.
37 you enlarged my path under me; so my feet did not slip.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 08:25:01 PM »
i will tomarrow. i have always wondered what was down the drain tunnels in our neighbor hood. im just worried because its starting too rain alot. theres also a spot here that has a tunnel big enough for two sticking out of the side of the road.

Then don't do it if you're worried.

Offline Tyler Summers

• Mangabey
  • La maladie du traceur
    • View Profile
    • Tylers911
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
i wont if its raining. ;D
2 Samuel 22

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

id limit that group to 3 including yourself. by yourself is reckless, 4 people having to climb through the same window on the side of a busy street is also quite reckless. i have a thing for urban decay, i mean a real serious fascination with the way time takes its toll.

there is nothing more beautiful than sitting on a roof top of a factory no one has stepped foot in for over 40 years as the sun sets.

you get my drift.

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »
id limit that group to 3 including yourself. by yourself is reckless, 4 people having to climb through the same window on the side of a busy street is also quite reckless. i have a thing for urban decay, i mean a real serious fascination with the way time takes its toll.

there is nothing more beautiful than sitting on a roof top of a factory no one has stepped foot in for over 40 years as the sun sets.

you get my drift.

Mhm.

Yeah I get it.

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2010, 06:38:58 PM »
The only good places in Missouri were torn down. :(

wlf

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »
The only good places in Missouri were torn down. :(
only safe good places have been torn down, STL (just saying we won the award for most dangerous city in America...jk i know its not an award) BUT the only really abandon buildings i've seen were either skyscraper skeletons or like houses that were actually abandoned, haha plus i wouldnt walk through that place if i was paid to do it.

P.S i dont live there i live about an hour give or take away....in the voted safest place to live.

Offline tibo

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2010, 01:48:12 AM »
getting over the barbed wire: get a thick jumper or something and throw it over the barbed wire, climb over it
It's only impossible if you think it is
No one was gifted anything, they fought for it...
if you think you have a problem then you do[

wlf

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2010, 05:43:37 AM »
getting over the barbed wire: get a thick jumper or something and throw it over the barbed wire, climb over it
or a car matts that they put on the floor.

Offline Harry Smith

• What's up Andrew?
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2010, 02:22:34 PM »
or a car matts that they put on the floor.
..... Burn notice?

Offline Tyler Summers

• Mangabey
  • La maladie du traceur
    • View Profile
    • Tylers911
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »
gahh! never got to go explore cuz i hurt myslef at school. (technicaly it was someone else that pushed me wich caused me to hurt myself)
at my school the fences are all barb wired i just go to the corner were theres this diagonal bar that reinforces the fence, put my foot on in then jump clean over it. i did it once when it was wet and almost fell on the barbs, i am so greatful i didnt because they are rusty.
2 Samuel 22

wlf

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2010, 05:22:52 AM »