Author Topic: I'm new to parkour  (Read 4396 times)

Offline AjF139

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
I'm new to parkour
« on: October 19, 2006, 05:16:21 PM »
u read the title i am only 14 but i want to get into parkour.
I just need an easy way to train for a while to show my parents that I can hanlde doing this in the city with other people who can help me
So if u have any ideas plz help
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:53:01 AM by Haack »

Offline stan banas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Aero Parkour
Re: I new to parkour
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »
Local schools or Library's seem to have a lot of places to train in my town, so I would recommend checking that out. Also if you want more of a response from people from the Chicago area, post on www.pkaero.net, it's the chicago area pk site.

Offline Havoc

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 01:17:49 PM »
Yeah, also good places to learn are parking lots and playgrounds.
Start with easy vaults like the monkey, kong, ..... once you can do these well you can progress on to harder vaults.
You can find some good tutorials on  http://www.youtube.com  .
Good luck  ;D

Greetz, Havoc.
“It’s not because things are difficult that we don’t dare; it’s because we dont dare that things are difficult”.
- Seneque

Offline soccerduud123

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »
why doesnt pkaero.net work? I am new and am trying to get into parkour. I want to do it cause I quit gymnastics after 4 years and this seems so much cooler. Im only 14 though so I probably cant go to any jams. If there is a new chicago area PK site please post it on these boards. Or maybe my computers just messed up...

Offline Keyouse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »
Hello and welcome.

Schools, library's, and playgrounds are great, you just need to watch for the little ones and raging parents >.<. Besides that, you just need to realize that you shouldn't take huge jumps to fast, work up from doing jumping from a 2 foot jump to a 3-4 ft difference, and on up. Also repetition is a must, you need repetition. Don't just learn a move and go to the next one, get your muscles and brain used to the routine.

Exercise, running, working out, and most important is stretching. Most people (including myself) neglect stretching because it is very boring, but set some music on while you do it and begin. After workouts or running are the best because your muscle are warmed up.

Besides that train solo or train with people. What ever suits  you. But have fun, because thats what its all about.

Peace.

Offline freerun17

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 08:19:33 AM »
i need help too and im only 12 too i like attempting things like this and need some help, so if someone could give me a stretching routine that i could do that would be great, cuz my leg got really sore for like a week and i couldn't do anything

Offline Thomas.K

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
i live around chicago and need someone to help me wit my moves and do parkour wit and i am 11 and a beginner so it might be a little frustrating at first.but i'll try

Offline Cloud

• Ryan Cousins
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Alliance - TEAM N00B YEAH!
    • View Profile
    • Aero
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:53:04 PM »
hey guys things have been crazy busy lately there should be a jam next weekend, the first weekend of october. til then check out www.chicagoparkour.com for the details...

pkaero.net is our old website, it doesnt work anymore

Get with the flow...