Author Topic: Parkour Articles regarding differing aspects of the art?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline VegamanKS3

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • What's gravity?
    • View Profile
Parkour Articles regarding differing aspects of the art?
« on: July 07, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
      I was doing some training the other day, and it occured to me that the popular opinion of parkour is centered around the "fact" that traceurs are just mindless thrill seekers, or delinquents with nothing better to do than scuff up public property. Now I'm sure that most of the Parkour Purists think this is absolutely offensive (or spot on),  but it seems that due to the recent increase of popularity of Parkour in the media, this is the image that our beloved art will continue to convey to other people, who in turn will either lable us vandals, or will hurt themselves trying to emulate what they have seen in videogames or movies. This may have a negative impact on the parkour community as a whole, or I may have been exaggerating this whole scenario to an extent. Anyhow, we as a community need to be aware of and reflect on the culture, history, theory, and practical uses of our unified passion. I want to post articles on the forums reflecting those values, and maybe if the articles get good enough feedback here, I could make a video series on youtube, and probably get some of the articles posted on the online magazines. But it starts here first. Sound interesting to anyone?
Said a wanted man by the Laws of Physics...

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
Re: Parkour Articles regarding differing aspects of the art?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 06:01:39 PM »
It sounds good, if article is strong I can help you get it some exposure.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline VegamanKS3

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • What's gravity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 04:00:46 AM »
Thanks Ozzi.
Said a wanted man by the Laws of Physics...

Offline baki20xx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Balance in all things is key.
    • View Profile
    • My Parkour.com URL
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 12:53:24 PM »
Sounds great. I'm always trying to spread the positive word about parkour in my community but sometimes that's not enough. I'm in.
-Blake

"In Omnia Paratus"