Author Topic: Withdrawal Symptoms?  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawal Symptoms?
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 01:23:35 PM »
Yes.  Fat buffers the insulin response from the lactose (sugar) in milk.  Skim milk is pretty much nothing but sugar.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline ConnorM

• Guenons
  • The pancakes live inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »
I might be wrong but i feel like certain parts of that article on "eat move improve" are contrary to much of what i have heard about nutrition in the past. Is that website moderated by any sort of experts or is it just written up by whoever wants to contribute like wikipedia?
If chuck norris is against me, who can stand with me?

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 05:49:13 PM »
EMI articles are only written by Steven Low and Chris Salvato.  Both are very well-educated in these matters.

Much of what you have heard about nutrition in the past is, likely, wrong.  "Common knowledge" nutrition and the nutrition they teach in grade school (and even in undergrad) is about forty years behind the current research right now.  If you start reading what is being written by current experts, you'll find they align very well with EMI, with few exceptions.

Of course, everyone has their own approach to nutrition.. and someone like Dr. John Berardi or Leigh Peele might have starkly different opinions on nutrition than do Steven and Chris, but the science behind all of them is (mostly) good.  There's a certain point where you have to just go with your own preferences, too.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia