Author Topic: MTV's parkour challenge reviews and reactions!  (Read 45413 times)

Offline JD.

• Patas
  • Be the change
    • View Profile
Re: MTV's parkour challenge reviews and reactions!
« Reply #340 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:39 AM »
I think thew show should of centered around the guys going around to new places and just having fun. Not the competitions, and stuff. I mean I don't easy care if there is competition in parkour, but the competitions just seemed like a way to force some structure on the show. I feel it would of been better if you guys were allowed to roam around the city and just have fun. Nut then again I don't know if that would of been as entertaining to the casual fan.

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2010, 09:34:47 AM »
With the way you guys were on UPC, it would be much better off as a lifestyle kind of show, all of you guys hangin out, playing at new areas, maybe have a few teamwork challenges as seen in the 1st episode of PKVM (which in my mind is something that you guys might wanna take notes from, PKVM was AMAZING).

It just feels like you guys are way too playful and layed back to be on a show that is focused on competition. Would much rather see all of you on a show where you can be monkeys and play around, having fun doing what you love.

What do you think Danny?

-David

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 15, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »
By all means, I don't expect everybody to like the show; but if you don't then at the very least please give a reason and try to be respectful with your responses. This is a more like a family then just a community..
i for one have tried to be respectful, not sure if i accomplished it, sometimes i come off as a bit on an ass, and if i did i am sorry, but i am trying.

i recently watched the last episode, i enjoyed all of it except i don't understand why Tim didn't win. this has nothing to do with the fact that im a fan of his. i have a friend that really doesn't like him (don't know why) has always been anti-livewire, and he even said Tim had the best run. i think the best solution to this would be for the judges to briefly explain why who won did win in the challenges next season. so there isn't a major wtf moment. but even if they don't do that next season its not that big of a deal, they still did a good job.
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 15, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »
that would be good, if the judges (never seen 'em) explained why
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline pieman123

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 15, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »
i for one have tried to be respectful, not sure if i accomplished it, sometimes i come off as a bit on an ass, and if i did i am sorry, but i am trying.

i recently watched the last episode, i enjoyed all of it except i don't understand why Tim didn't win. this has nothing to do with the fact that im a fan of his. i have a friend that really doesn't like him (don't know why) has always been anti-livewire, and he even said Tim had the best run. i think the best solution to this would be for the judges to briefly explain why who won did win in the challenges next season. so there isn't a major wtf moment. but even if they don't do that next season its not that big of a deal, they still did a good job.
Ye, I have the same thoughts on Tim not winning...
I was totally surprised he did not win.

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
how are they picking athletes for season 2?
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 18, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »
how are they picking athletes for season 2?

i'll go!
:P
Shut up and Train

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 18, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »
i'll go!
:P

Your mother might cry.
Besides, I need you here with me Mumu! lol
.:Don't think about it. Just do it:.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
  • Working Hard and Hardly Working
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100001088661451&ref=profile
« Reply #348 on: June 18, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »
No Derailing this Thread :D Hmmmm So Just wondering Why did they have it like in LA and Cali and stuff. For my timezone it was like 12 :D IS it because most viewers live there and If there is a second season which i think there will be. hopefully. Will the locations be more spread out or in a specific region?

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »
that'd be ill if it was in NY
good time for me and if you do parkour in the city
Shut up and Train

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
« Reply #350 on: June 18, 2010, 10:07:37 PM »
Just watched the final episode. the format didn't seem to work to well and I guess I am the only traceur who finds the idea of training in mall repellent(just being in mall is repellent). The problems pointed out before obviously continued. Seems like there is no clear line here between lifestyle show, reality tv, and legit competition. It goods you guys were able to get a say in how it was made and it was great to see the movement that came out with that group of guys,  but I don't think it represented Parkour well not the parkour I care about or made all that enjoyable a tv show unfortunately.
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.

Offline BackflipKing

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 21, 2010, 07:38:07 AM »
I could see how people from an outside perspective could see this as being the "be all end all" of American Parkour.  But yea, to all of us it was kind of a joke despite how skilled the athletes were.

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
I could see how people from an outside perspective could see this as being the "be all end all" of American Parkour.  But yea, to all of us it was kind of a joke despite how skilled the athletes were.

Who are you referring to man?  I thought the 'mentallity' of the program was kinda messed (I don't think parkour should be a competition in any way, shape, or form), but I just thought it was cool to see movement on tv.  At first I thought the show was stupid, but then I realised that if you ignore the competition part of it, it was no different than me scanning youtube for new parkour clips.  I gotta say my favorite part of the entire season was Oleg's run at hollywood castle.  I feel like almost ignorance of the competition, and 'herioc' rescue of King David lol, exploited how sour the idea of competition was.  And when you think about it, in parkour, we compete against ourselves and sometimes our buds.  As a community, we're always pushing eachother to do the best we can and constantly improve.  An American show about parkour shows significant growth in the art and potential for the future.

So basically - speak for yourself man.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 21, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »
Who are you referring to man?  I thought the 'mentallity' of the program was kinda messed (I don't think parkour should be a competition in any way, shape, or form), but I just thought it was cool to see movement on tv.  At first I thought the show was stupid, but then I realised that if you ignore the competition part of it, it was no different than me scanning youtube for new parkour clips.  I gotta say my favorite part of the entire season was Oleg's run at hollywood castle.  I feel like almost ignorance of the competition, and 'herioc' rescue of King David lol, exploited how sour the idea of competition was.  And when you think about it, in parkour, we compete against ourselves and sometimes our buds.  As a community, we're always pushing eachother to do the best we can and constantly improve.  An American show about parkour shows significant growth in the art and potential for the future.

So basically - speak for yourself man.
exactly, this was my favorite part also :)
Shut up and Train

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
anyone know the music used in the team videos through out the season? especially the team 1 video of Pershing square.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 22, 2010, 02:46:39 AM »
they displayed the song and artist at the beginning, amirite?
Shut up and Train

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 22, 2010, 06:53:59 AM »
Go check MTV dot com
Last time I was there, I'm pretty sure I saw a link to the songs of the show
[ My Facebook ]

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 22, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
they don't have the song from Pershing square. only the first three episodes.