Author Topic: Increasing my kong distance  (Read 1055 times)

Offline josh

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Increasing my kong distance
« on: June 11, 2010, 08:21:36 PM »
Haven't recorded anything in some time so I set the camera up.  I feel like I've been in a plateau for a while so I thought I would work on adding more distance to my kongs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj5tyXB02Vs
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:23:44 PM by jcamb »

Offline Cionn

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing my kong distance
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:25:03 AM »
Tipp from me:
You have a little stop befor you jump away out of your splitfoot, try to changes it!
Other important thing is, after your takeoff strech your body so far as possible, try to touch down your arms (hands) on(near) the obstacleborder from the other side!;)
Wish you a good progress!;)

Offline Michael Zernow

• Captain Jetpack
  • Global Moderator
  • Patas
  • I believe in myself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:00:14 AM »
Not all kongs are created equal, for this one you seem to be konging a pretty wide obstacle and you seem to be hitting the middle of the obstacle every time. Try experimenting with planting your hands on the closer side and on the farther side. I think you'll find that if you try to reach out farther you will use your arms mainly for correcting your body position for landing (like a dive kong). I think if you plant closer you can use your arms to pull yourself out as you jump.
I'm not exactly sure where I would place my hands if I were going for the max distance, but I'm willing to bet its near the closer edge.

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 10:05:41 AM »
Not all kongs are created equal, for this one you seem to be konging a pretty wide obstacle and you seem to be hitting the middle of the obstacle every time. Try experimenting with planting your hands on the closer side and on the farther side. I think you'll find that if you try to reach out farther you will use your arms mainly for correcting your body position for landing (like a dive kong). I think if you plant closer you can use your arms to pull yourself out as you jump.
I'm not exactly sure where I would place my hands if I were going for the max distance, but I'm willing to bet its near the closer edge.

thanks frost, ive been having the same problem, and i think this will help.
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.

Offline josh

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »
Thnx for taking the time guys :)

Offline Timothy Chen Allen

• Patas
  • "The limits are further out than you think"
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 12:34:47 AM »
That's a pretty cool obstacle; just about perfect.  I kept thinking you should try putting the obstacle right next to the pool and konging right into the water!
Timothy Chen Allen
"The limits are further out than you think"
Washington, DC
Facebook:TimothyChenAllen
My training log
President's Challenge Parkour Group

Offline josh

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »
That's a pretty cool obstacle; just about perfect.  I kept thinking you should try putting the obstacle right next to the pool and konging right into the water!

Omfg I would have never thought of that.  I'm doing that now ;D