Author Topic: So I guess this is farewell...  (Read 10420 times)

Offline ~Tiger~

• Patas
  • http://youtube.com/shad0wtraceur - Subscribe! :D
    • View Profile
Re: So I guess this is farewell...
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 05:54:11 PM »
I'm going outside right now to train for you.  :(

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »
joining the club  :'(
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline knaukowt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • 951 616 8359
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 05:31:11 PM »
i bent my leg backwards 5 years ago and the dr said i wouldnt be able to wrestle again, i tore my acl mcl and my knee cap was nearly none existant. i have 2 pins in my knee and an artificial knee cap. i've been wrestling again after a year of therapy and excercise and i still compete at the national lvl in greco roman. i can walk run jump and even practice parkour which i started just 8 months ago. and the dr said i couldnt do it. i proved them wrogn i think u can do the same. keep your hope alive man everything will work out just keep positive and make sure u do therapy it helps. dont over do it at therapy though u might hinder urself. have faith and hope and remember people can tell u ur whole life that u cant do things, its ur fault if u listen, and its a greater accomplish ment to prove them wrong :)

Offline ultimachris

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »
Farewell, my friend. At least you went out with something dignified, like an injury. Could be much worse. Best of luck with your next major hobby.
:) Peace.

Oh and by the way, has anyone recently designed any parkour compatible crutches?

Offline wingz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »
Jack, do a search on Bing.com or Google.com for "regrow cartilage".  I was going to post links but there are many -- better to do the search yourself and pick the interesting ones.

One of the links spoke of removing knee cartilage, grinding it into a paste, and reapplying it within the knee where the articular surfaces had worn down to the bone.  The intent was to have the cartilage cells re-establish themselves there, and apparently it is effective.

I recall reading some time ago about a "culturing cartilege/meniscus outside the body" procedure by which some cells are externally replicated into a tissue of cells and re-implanted.

So, medical capabilities continue to advance -- and your Parkour career may not yet be toast.  Good luck on this.  Wishing you all the best.

perception

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »
This saddens me. I have pains in my right knee and it pops vigorously which is why I like to train even harder. Lots of stretching and exercise have helped tremendously. The only things I can think of that would help you out mentally are examples from one of the greatest persons of all time, bruce lee.

Bruce lee suffered from a pinched nerve in his spinal column when working out and the docs told him he might never walk again much less do martial arts. Through arduous training he proved them wrong by becoming an even better martial artist than what he was.

The mind can subjugate anything, even real pain. - bruce lee

I hope the best for you because the only other resort is to be happy with nothing. I do believe though that that is something we should all strive for.

Offline Soukon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »
That's really rough man. I'll be doin extra reps and training. Just keep lookin up, there's a gift in everything.
We all have a choice. Another name in the world, soon to be forgotten; or a legend to be remembered throughout the ages.

Offline Tom Shaw

• Guenons
  • Proud Member of S.U.T.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2010, 01:54:04 AM »
I remember watching a show about a kid who couldn't use his legs ( I forgot why), but he never thought of being in a wheelchair as a bad thing. He went everyday to a skatepark, and he trained with other skaters in his wheelchair. He could do grinds and flips on his wheelchair.
    What I mean to say is, use this as an opportunity however you can, and never lose motivation.
"Choose not to fall"

Also, I'm doing one more rep for ya :)
"With enough concentration, enough focus, due care and attention,
we can repeat a simple technique hundreds of times, for hours and not make a mistake."
-Christ 'Blane' Rowat

Offline Alex Melusky

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Failure is the mother of Success.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
You were given two feet for a reason.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Why be a leaf in the wind when you can be the wind itself?

Offline Timothy Chen Allen

• Patas
  • "The limits are further out than you think"
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »
I remember watching a show about a kid who couldn't use his legs ( I forgot why), but he never thought of being in a wheelchair as a bad thing. He went everyday to a skatepark, and he trained with other skaters in his wheelchair. He could do grinds and flips on his wheelchair.
Maybe not the same guy, but here is a video of a wheelchair skater: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWxl-PjxgRE
Timothy Chen Allen
"The limits are further out than you think"
Washington, DC
Facebook:TimothyChenAllen
My training log
President's Challenge Parkour Group