Author Topic: Trying to increase muscle mass. I know... nothing here  (Read 899 times)

Offline Soukon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Trying to increase muscle mass. I know... nothing here
« on: June 07, 2010, 02:48:49 PM »
So here's my deal. I've never worried about my weight... ever. I'm one of those dudes with the magic metabolism that eats my own weight in just about anything and never gains a pound. So you're prolly wondering why I'm even in this thread. Take a look see:

I'm 6'2 177 lbs (18 y/o M if that helps too /shrug). So like perfect weight, my problem is I want more physical strength. I'm by no means a weakling, and I would go as far as to say I'm closer to the in shape side. I just want to be way more in shape. Like Professional Parkour fitness status.

Obviously I'm going to be training in tandum with a diet, I just really don't have a good idea of what foods do what function in the body. I pretty much eat whatever looks tasty in massive proportions for the most part. Like 5-7 slices of pizza, whole bag of chips, 4ish hot dogs, few burgers. Not all at once but like for separate meals. I don't really have a sweet tooth. I like man food XD. I'm average body looking. Not too fat not too skinny and not too muscular.   

SO, I'm not looking to become Arnold Swartzenroids . More like a Bruce Lee physique. Here's what I'm asking of you, the community:

What kind of diet should I follow to strengthen my muscles to top ninja status?

We all have a choice. Another name in the world, soon to be forgotten; or a legend to be remembered throughout the ages.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
Re: Trying to increase muscle mass. I know... nothing here
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:39:14 PM »
"Plants (vegetables, fruits, seeds and herbs) and animals (meat, fish, fowl, and eggs) should represent the entire composition of your diet."

Nuts in moderation. Occasional allowance for dairy products such as milk, cheese, and ice cream if you can tolerate them.

Try to hit 1g/lbs protein per day
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:42:02 PM by Steven Low »
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book