Author Topic: ankle f-ed up  (Read 2659 times)

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
ankle f-ed up
« on: November 26, 2005, 05:50:24 PM »
GEAR! i need your help!! you left your cell phone off so i couldn't call you! but i need to know if i spranged my ancle!! i can move it but it hurts A LOT and i can't move it all the way back. i'm ricing it right now but should i go to a doctor?? (please say no...) okay thanks for help you and anyone else that gave input.
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Gearsighted

Re: ankle f-ed up
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 07:03:16 PM »
Haha, actually my phone is in pieces in the trash can at the community college, but that's another story.

Your ankle...eesh. Well, you're doing the right thing, rest and ice. Elevate it as much as possible, perhaps lay on the couch and prop it up with some pillows above the level of your heart, this, along with wrapping it with an ace bandage, will help control the swelling. If it doesn't start to feel a good bit better in a day or two, I would suggest getting it x-rayed, as there's always a possibility of a fracture in instances such as this.

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 06:38:30 AM »
How did u injure the ankle?  The movement that caused the injury could be a clue as to what might be wrong.  If you have a lot of pain in the ankle after a couple days u might want to heed gear's advice and get some x-rays done.  There are a lot of bones that can fracture in the ankle/foot and the ankle if a funny joint like that.  I've injured mine more than I can count.

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 10:48:34 AM »
thanks for the advice everyone. i went to the doctor and after an X-ray he said it was a spranged ankle that should heal in 1-3 weeks. i don't think i'm going to be trying to flip anymore from now on...
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 08:00:08 PM »
thats the second time youve said "spranged"...

did you sprain your brain also?  :P :P