Author Topic: Knee patellar tendonitis (Jumpers Knee)  (Read 1557 times)

Offline /shane/

• Mangabey
  • Parkour is......
    • View Profile
Knee patellar tendonitis (Jumpers Knee)
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:25:03 PM »
Oooookaaay. So I've asked this question before but apparently I was too vague. Anyway, thanks to a tumbling accident about a year ago I've developed patellar tendonitis in my left knee. I didn't know what it was at the time and unfortunately was never inactive enough for it to heal and it's gotten a lot worse over the course of the year. I still don't think it's all that bad as far as jumpers knee goes, but It won't go away even though I've gone pretty easy on it these past few weeks especially. I ice and massage it every day and it seems to help but I've been wondering if you guys know much about it. I've heard it was pretty common among freerunners though I haven't met anyone with it so some tips would be awesome.

I'm mainly wondering what you did to help recovery and how long it took, just how easy should I take it?
If you know anything about tendonitis please share.  :)
I'm still debating over going to the national parkour day jam tomorrow because I really don't want to miss it but at the same time if I go it'll probably make it worse.  :-[
A state of mind when you are performing a physical movement that is neither too simple or too complex. Your focus rules out all other mental processes, your mind has no time for words, worries, or distractions. There is only timing, spatial awareness, and the feeling of satisfaction as you land

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
Re: Knee patellar tendonitis (Jumpers Knee)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:10:26 AM »
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline /shane/

• Mangabey
  • Parkour is......
    • View Profile
Re: Knee patellar tendonitis (Jumpers Knee)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:31 AM »
Crap, looks like It might have become tendonosis. Well thank you very much for those articles and if anyone reads this who has had a similar injury I'd really appreciate it if you had any tips as well. Thanks again steven those articles had more specific information than any I've read so far.
A state of mind when you are performing a physical movement that is neither too simple or too complex. Your focus rules out all other mental processes, your mind has no time for words, worries, or distractions. There is only timing, spatial awareness, and the feeling of satisfaction as you land