Author Topic: Im sad  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
  • Working Hard and Hardly Working
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100001088661451&ref=profile
Im sad
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:22:55 AM »
Dont mean to whine its just that I feel like im getting no progress at doing parkour and im getting discouraged I dont know what to do
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:30:06 AM by Brian Gif Galvez »

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Im sad
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »
It's probably because you sit on the forums too much. :)

Brian, we all love you, just go out and train. I had that period of time, where everyone on here was just grumpy, and I watched lots of chill parkour videos, and compared my level to theirs. I felt like shit. I felt like I don't belong.

But you do belong. So go out, focus on ONE vault/technique, and get it done. It could take all day, 3 days, 3 weeks, but you will progress. :)

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100001088661451&ref=profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:06:26 PM »
thats not it im actually out alot training I just happen to have the forum on all the time even when im away at school and I come home like at 8 from practice and then im on til morning I just wish I could go out and train more places my mom doesnt want me like 150 yards away from the house so its quite annoying and when I go out i usually have to go with my brothers and I wish i had a gym to train in. Sorry if this is all whining but thanks Hazim for being here in my time of Neediness lol.

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 12:11:50 PM »
thats not it im actually out alot training I just happen to have the forum on all the time even when im away at school and I come home like at 8 from practice and then im on til morning I just wish I could go out and train more places my mom doesnt want me like 150 yards away from the house so its quite annoying and when I go out i usually have to go with my brothers and I wish i had a gym to train in. Sorry if this is all whining but thanks Hazim for being here in my time of Neediness lol.

I don't go far away to train, either. I got down all the techniques (kong, dash, lazy, thief, speed, wallrun, wall up, roll, diving roll, precisions) at either my home or out the door where I work. I didn't have to go spot-hunting (even though that would be awesome) to get better.

Whatever the case, be patient and hang on. :)

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 12:15:20 PM »
I will lol its just that where i live they have like a park its just really made terribly and you cant do much vaults like probably none and etc there are like maybe 2 walls i can do around 9 ft the other is like 15 ft high and i deff cant do but i will be moving sometime this year hopefully i can Make a parkour park in my backyard :D i will though. thanks

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 12:16:46 PM »
Hey...
buy new shoes...
Whenever I'm in a slump, I get new shoes =P

Then again, I am a girl >.>
.:Don't think about it. Just do it:.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 12:19:20 PM »
I would buy new shoes i need some badly like ariakes or vibrams or the FEYIUSES ? lol

WoodlandGhillie

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »
Brian, have you watched Oleg's video?

Hey...
buy new shoes...

I ALWAYS feel like that... XD

Offline Rebecca Myers

• Mangabey
  • Can you hear me up there? (miniPK)
    • View Profile
    • iPK
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »
Hey...
buy new shoes...

I got new sneakers today! They're gray...with a purple swoosh. :)

Anyways dude, everyone has slumps. Try to learn a new technique or perfect your old ones. Rome wasn't built in a day.
I have this image of a tidal wave appearance from like 50 Traceurs and Traceuses doing PK from one end of a mall to the other. t'would be epic
Kyle(Rage)
iPK
Roof Police.
"Not now chief, I'm on the f****** roof."

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 12:33:53 PM »
I got new sneakers today! They're gray...with a purple swoosh. :)

Anyways dude, everyone has slumps. Try to learn a new technique or perfect your old ones. Rome wasn't built in a day.
But Pompeii was destroyed in an hour!
.:Don't think about it. Just do it:.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

WoodlandGhillie

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 12:35:41 PM »

You need to stop being so awesome sometimes.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 12:37:21 PM »

Haha that was great. I agree with Evan about the awesome part.

Anyways Brian, try to focus on one technique or try to make old ones as close to perfect as you can. :) I'm a bit in a slump myself and this is what I've been doing.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 12:42:08 PM »
Mate if your in a slump all you need to do it make something.......  like a good vault box or vault horse,  something like that.   maybe two to chain stuff together but hey   what do i know   :P
You live a filtered life.-
Everyone dreams of changing the world, I only want to change it back.-
In Myth, God Is Force.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »
I'm building precision trainers. :) I want to make a vault box. Building the trainers are helping me get out of my slump.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Chris Seaton

• Mangabey
  • TVD, ESQ.
    • View Profile
    • TV TV Dog
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »
Ima go get me some shoes now I think...

Posts by Mr. Seaton should be interpreted as simply for either informational purposes or his own pure amusement, and are never to be construed as providing legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 02:16:30 PM »
lol ok well im out of the slump a little so the security officer found be doin cats leaps on the roof well onto the roof he asked me what i was doin and to come down i was real nice about it so hes gonna work with management to find like some space on the property to make me a mini parkour park. BTW i live in an apartment complex thing its pretty big. :D thanks guys for trying to cheer me up i think myself blessed to be able to meet you even if its online :D

Offline FrostySTL

• Mangabey
  • Not related to Frosti in any way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 04:30:09 PM »
Hey...
buy new shoes...

I ALWAYS feel like that... XD

You always feel like you are a girl? I'm confused...
"Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again..."

APK Roof Police Member

Offline John Walker

• Guenons
  • Be Proud - To Be Strait!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 05:45:42 PM »
This is prob the wrong answer.. but hey? its what i do.. and should really stop doing.. you said you have an older brother right??... well he might be able to get you some things that can totally clam you down.. and make you feel happy... and like everythings all right.. im just saying you figure out what im talking about just don't do anything illegal ;)
"I do not affirm nor deny the immortality of man. I see no reason to believe it but I do not have any means to disapprove it.“

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »
nope i have 3 younger brothers :P 2 on my moms side 1 on my dads :D

Offline John Walker

• Guenons
  • Be Proud - To Be Strait!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 05:56:35 PM »
Just Go to your local school than :D im bad.. no dont do pot... it ruins your running and breathing and makes you all URGH when your off it... im pretty f#cked up medically from drugs, so dont do them. DRUGS ARE BAD... Even the ones the doctors give you! every drug is some kinda toxin! it makes you feel better.. but it also ruins other parts of you.. liver.. kidney.. lungs.. I know even my inhaler f#cked my lungs up when i was little and that gave me a breathing issue that i have now..
"I do not affirm nor deny the immortality of man. I see no reason to believe it but I do not have any means to disapprove it.“