Author Topic: something bout weather  (Read 5424 times)

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
something bout weather
« on: November 25, 2005, 06:20:15 PM »
is it like a really bad idea to pk during the winter in michigan
Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Conniver

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: something bout weather
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 06:29:12 PM »
I read an article about winter being one of the "perfect" times to PK actually...

One of the main ideas of Parkour is to overcome all challenges, and this article just said to look at snow or ice as one more obstacle that can be overcome with patience and practice. But, I'm not so sure I'm convinced, lol.  With snow and ice everywhere, it's too tough to do any of the stuff really - unless of course your hobby is breaking bones or something, like my brother who was trying to do something as simple as walk on a rail the other day... to make a long story short he fell and busted his nuts, lol.

so I guess to answer your question, it's kind of up to you.

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 08:51:25 PM »
im not really worried bout slipping on ice or any things but about my hands and feet freezing cause my feet get numb real fast and my hands start to not work and stuff
Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Nem

• Patas
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 09:14:50 AM »
Ice isn't nice...especially when you land and twist your ankle.  At least I got a three step wall run.  That one of the reasons I don't pk in the cold anymore.  There will be spring.
Rusty, but still solid.

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 01:20:29 PM »
woot i went out to pk today(the day we have a huge snow shower)and i was practicing my dive rolls and rolls..what fun

Offline Michael Zernow

• Captain Jetpack
  • Global Moderator
  • Patas
  • I believe in myself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 07:31:38 PM »
Winter training can be fun and it definitely forces you to work on your balance, but for the most part it's dangerous.
If you're in a relatively clear area there's nothing wrong with facing the elements, but just be wary of the slippery surfaces,
always check your landings you never know what they'll be like. A lot of people view winter as a time to train for parkour,
rather than just parkour itself, now's a great time to hit the gyms, both gymnastic gyms and weight rooms, getting up your strength,
your endurance, and flexability. All these things will really help when spring comes around.

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 07:36:55 PM »
ya but the only problem of visiting a gym for weights and stuff like that is there is none in my town

Offline Michael Zernow

• Captain Jetpack
  • Global Moderator
  • Patas
  • I believe in myself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 11:15:09 PM »
Well you don't have to actually do weight workouts, if you check the Workouts of the Day that gear posts on the frontpage almost all of those can be done without weights, actually i can't recall ever seing one that required weights, usually at most a pullup bar. Plus all those workouts are specifically tailored to adhere to traceurs so you'll definitely be doing yourself good by doing them.

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 09:26:41 AM »
ya Ive done a few of the work outs but i still wished there was a gym in port Huron

Offline Nem

• Patas
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 06:57:14 PM »
Cody, YMCA dude.
Rusty, but still solid.

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 08:02:06 PM »
lol they don't let me in there for some reason