Author Topic: you didnt hear it from me, but  (Read 11397 times)

Offline bubbagump08

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: you didnt hear it from me, but
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2006, 04:35:50 PM »
Wow, those shoes look sweet. I wouldn't mind getting a pair of them, although like I said I'm fine with my Nike sneaks for now.

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2006, 08:53:40 PM »
What...I actually followed up on what the thread was about...Here you go guys...

hey ya.  Thanx for the interest in the parkour shoe.   It was a project that i did in collaboration with reebok before they merged with addidas.  Not really allowed to give out any more info than that but reebok has the concepts and has the rights to the design so they can do with it as they please. they may come up with something similar, taking certain features and develop on it further but i really don't know much at this point. thay may or may not take if further but if they do im sure it will look nothing like the concepts you are seeing.   Plus the colour ranges are just trivial details as they can be changed into literally any colour combination.

Sorry i aint been able to help you much at this time but ill let you know if i hear anything.

thanx again

Simon
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline Michael Zernow

• Captain Jetpack
  • Global Moderator
  • Patas
  • I believe in myself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 04:24:36 AM »
That second shoe is the UF shoe, the one they worked with Adidas to design, it says so right on the page.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 05:50:48 AM »
Isnt that a breach of contract.  I thought those guys were not suppose to talk to anyone of the shoe or ESP.  Put out pictures about it?

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 01:07:52 PM »
prolly, but they're not that bad looking...i've def. seen worse
"Its not that we're the best, its that everybody else sucks"

Offline Kaliastrih

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006, 08:19:19 PM »
Here is what the winner has to say about it:

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:46 pm

I think it is now safe to say i can offically report on the traceur trainers and i think its also safe to say that they offically rock

Three weeks ago I participated in a competition on UFF and in result won myself a pair of the Adidas Traceur trainers. I was hoping I would get them before the National Meet and it just so happens that I received them a lot faster than I expected. A couple days later my father walked past my door muttering “I’ve got myself a new pair of joggers” I turned and looked to him and saw a package that had obviously just come from a courier. I jumped out of my seat estactic, and ripped the bag out of his hands and than continued to rip open the bag reveiling these little beasts.
Review by Shaun “hornbog” Wood [an unbaised look].

From just reading this thread and its responces alone i have gathered that there is much upbrawl about the very being of these shoes and people with the attitudes that they are overrated and just another UF money making scheme. Well guess what, your wrong. These shoes are singly the best thing that has happend to my training and im absolutly satisfied with the shoes 100%.

"As light as a running shoe, As much cushioning as a basketball shoes, and as much grib as a climbing shoes" This is the phrase i have come to use when describing the shoes with my fellow traceurs.

Style - These things arent the hottest looking shoe to ever hit the market. However they do look resonible enough and i havent yet been embarrased running in these things. However if you match them to their context as parkour shoes i beleive they are quite stylish. But i dont like the corny like stitching of a traceur on the side of the shoe, infact i hate it.

Fit - When i won the shoes i thought they were going to be too big for me as im only a size 8.5 and i received a 9.5. However i was wrong and the Adidas sizeings much differ from the Nike. Furthermore these things are snug, they are a perfect fit, tight enough, but not too tight and allow enough air flow.

Grip - Amazing, purely amazing. Adidas have used quote "sticky rubber" on these shoes and beleive me, it is far from overrated. This stuff is the bomb. I have gripped perfect on every surface i have faced so far and have actually, at times, made it my mission to try and slip. This is deffentily the best feature of this shoe and is well worth what ever price tag they end up putting on these things.

Shock resistance - This is the only area that has phased me, and its only been a little. The front cutioning could be better however i have come from basketball shoes so my expectations may be a little high. Dont get me wrong however, they still beat the crap out of any shoe ive worn but i expect a slight bit more.

Weight - Fine. Not a single complaint here. Not the absolute lightest thing but deffentily light enough.

Durability - From their design the look as if they will hold out for a long time. However only time will tell Razz.

Overall - Best shoe for parkour, no buts. When they finally arrive on the market, i would recommend every serious traceur to purchase a pair.

Conclusion - You people can remain purists and run in your bair feet. But in the end i will be the one that will still be training at 30. These are a deffinent move forward in parkour and are well worth it.
EPIC WIN
www.sydpk.com

original post: http://www.pkaus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31206#31206

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 09:18:34 PM »
A lot of people "won" the contest.  Was it a APK contest or what...because there are specific instructions on this.  Oh well, I guess the cat is out of the bag...knew it would happen.

Offline Kaliastrih

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »
I believe there was only 3 winners and it was a UF contest, its still in their website's front page, almost at the bottom, although competition is now closed.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 09:40:12 PM »
Thank you for clearing that up.

Offline Bob

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2006, 05:49:10 PM »
ummm... any updates on the shoe itself? (or any other things on the site)

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2006, 02:00:53 PM »
not as of late, im workin' on it...dont worry
"Its not that we're the best, its that everybody else sucks"

Offline colin jensen

• Patas
  • Free or Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »
anyone know when there gonna be on the market?
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

The universe may not always play fair, but atleast it has one hell of a sense of humor.

Offline The Boom Collective

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2006, 08:25:51 AM »
Aren't they in concept/design mode? It will be a while...

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2006, 11:56:31 AM »
Serioulsy Read the thread please.