Author Topic: Training apparatus  (Read 699 times)

Offline Jordan Davis

• Mangabey
  • Always Move Purposefully
    • View Profile
    • AMP Freerunning
Training apparatus
« on: May 12, 2010, 05:29:36 PM »
Ok I want to build a small to mid sized apparatus that I can train on with functionality. I can do smaller moves and vaults an flip training as well.. My dad is a builder so has some knowledge and resources in tht area.. Any ideas in something that'd be easy and cheap to make that's multi purpose?
Parkour Coach

Guinness World Record Holder (Side Flip) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0UEr0q2jWI

Certified Personal Trainer

-His Glory Alone-

Offline jp2ykz

• Mangabey
  • Jamison
    • View Profile
Re: Training apparatus
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:26:57 PM »
Great idea!!

You could build a vault box because it's the most versatile. Maybe also some bars and stuff kind of based off scaffolding idea but you could prolly build it cheaper than what you could get the scaffolding for.

Also check this discussion out for some more ideas http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,23944.0/topicseen.html

Konging low stuff is stupid. Just jump over it. Or just do a cool flip over it.

Offline Andrew Wilson

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal - Courage Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Take Flight Apparel
Re: Training apparatus
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:27:21 PM »
A vault box is always nice :D

__
       /   \
      /     \
     /____ \

Something like that. Make sure to use the rhombus shape, as it will stabilize it. Also, to avoid slipping, take some glue, spread it on the top, and pour sand onto it. That will make a nice sandpaper like top, and it will help with callus maintenance. :D

Also, if you can, buy a set of metal bars, make a small piece of scaffolding to swing on, its an amazing trainer. Plus, 3 in one, you can make it so you can do underbars and pull ups on it at the same time as laches. :D

EDIT: Just as I finish typing this, you post haha
"It's not about going out and finding a place to perform certain moves, it's about going out to your environment and truly adapting to it."

www.takeflightapparel.com - Very durable parkour clothing!