Author Topic: Night Hawks  (Read 448016 times)

Offline David Lout

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Night Hawks
« Reply #9400 on: December 18, 2010, 09:11:56 AM »
Core music is pretty much just a bunch of kids trying to be "brutal". If brutal is what you're going for, listen to death(metal, not core), technical death, blackened death, etc.
The only thing that keeps me going is movement.

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: December 18, 2010, 09:15:54 AM »
Has anybody heard from Ashy? She hasn't been on in a while :( I'm wondering whats up.
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: December 18, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »
Hey all.

So I'm not going to be on here or chat for a while. I really need to focus on myself. I'll check stuff but won't be posting unless I feel the need to. Those who have my number can text me, if they'd like. Just thought I'd let peeps know. I'll keep everyone updated on AS stuff too because for that I need to be on the computer, but it will be strictly business.

I also need a break because I need to work on my personal demons, nightmares, and insomnia. Hopefully training will help but if it doesn't then I might go to a counselor to help. I'm hoping this break will help me in becoming the woman I want to be.

Love you all.

For those who don't have my number: 775-223-1721 All I can do is text.
Those that want to stay in touch you can email me: ashmccpk@gmail.com
And for those that want to know whats up with AS email me at this: asphaltscience@gmail.com

I'll be keeping a journal of what I go through, and I'll probably post it up on my dA or on a blog or something.

Love you all.

Peace.

-Ashy
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: December 18, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »
Oh, ok thanks Joshy. I saw the post she did with the links to her blog, but not that one.

It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: December 19, 2010, 06:46:28 AM »
Core music is pretty much just a bunch of kids trying to be "brutal". If brutal is what you're going for, listen to death(metal, not core), technical death, blackened death, etc.
It seems you're generalizing all core type music into Post Hardcore, which 90% of the bands are all scene kiddos' that are trying/are brutal.

I listen to a lot more different types of core, and music in general than Post-Hardcore.

Offline David Lout

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9405 on: December 19, 2010, 11:13:16 AM »
It seems you're generalizing all core type music into Post Hardcore, which 90% of the bands are all scene kiddos' that are trying/are brutal.

I listen to a lot more different types of core, and music in general than Post-Hardcore.

I'll admit, I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the -core subject, but bands that I have heard are just generally talentless kids who found drop d or drop c tuning and use the first 4 frets on the guitar. Examples being Born of Osiris(Deathcore?), Bring Me The Horizon, Emmure (Deathcore?) You get the idea. But I also have a general disdain for grindcore (especially IWABO) and other genres of core that aren't really needed and are just arbitrarily named.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: December 19, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »
Has anybody heard from Ashy? She hasn't been on in a while :( I'm wondering whats up.

I'm alive. :)

I might be taking Muay Thai classes so I'll probably be on less than this.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: December 19, 2010, 12:33:46 PM »
Had a hockey game today (my team raped 6-1).
Anyway... this little kid started pushing me after the whistle. I laughed a little said, "know your size, bro" and he was like "You want some of this!?" i lol'd my way back to the faceoff.
then this other fat kid tripped me by putting his stick in my skate. I whacked him with my stick (on the ground) and called him a cunt.
God I love hockey :P
and my team only had 7 people, nuff said
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: December 19, 2010, 12:42:06 PM »
I'm alive. :)

I might be taking Muay Thai classes so I'll probably be on less than this.

But your barely on as it is  :'( The night hawks thread is sadly lacking conversation. 

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: December 19, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »
But your barely on as it is  :'( The night hawks thread is sadly lacking conversation. 

I know. If I can limit myself on the time spent on here, I think I'll be fine. :) That's what I'm most worried about. I spend to much time on the computer...
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: December 19, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »
I know. If I can limit myself on the time spent on here, I think I'll be fine. :) That's what I'm most worried about. I spend to much time on the computer...

Ok. we want the best for you.

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: December 19, 2010, 07:35:25 PM »
I'll admit, I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the -core subject, but bands that I have heard are just generally talentless kids who found drop d or drop c tuning and use the first 4 frets on the guitar. Examples being Born of Osiris(Deathcore?), Bring Me The Horizon, Emmure (Deathcore?) You get the idea. But I also have a general disdain for grindcore (especially IWABO) and other genres of core that aren't really needed and are just arbitrarily named.
Born of Osiris is more melodic metalcore and is a good band. BMTH is terrible. Emmure is more 2-Step/Hardcore, and good band. IWABO is decent for grindcore, but not the best.

I've been listening to core for a long time, and pretty knowledgeable of it. So I can see where you're coming from, with less knowledge of the subject. To each their own. :)

Offline Harry Smith

• What's up Andrew?
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: December 19, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »
Hai guys, I am willing to converse more frequently if need be ;D

Also Mumu you sig makes me fell uncomfortable and inadequate. MUST RESTART REGIME

Offline David Lout

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: December 20, 2010, 12:58:48 AM »
Born of Osiris is more melodic metalcore and is a good band. BMTH is terrible. Emmure is more 2-Step/Hardcore, and good band. IWABO is decent for grindcore, but not the best.

I've been listening to core for a long time, and pretty knowledgeable of it. So I can see where you're coming from, with less knowledge of the subject. To each their own. :)

I just searched melodic metalcore, and it says that it is a fusion of death metal and hardcore punk/post-hardcore. It also says they tend to be influenced by swedish melodeath. I don't know if you like Born Of Osiris, but they don't sound anything like swedish melodeath to me. There is one song off their newer album that I heard where I heard one part that sounded influenced by symphonic black metal, but it does not seem influenced by melodeath at all. The only band I can think of that sounds influenced by the Swedish melodeath scene would be Misery Signals, and only their album Of Malice and The Magnum Heart. Melodic death metal is my thing, so if some bands you listen to and life  are influenced by that, ask me and I'll tell you all the best bands in melodeath, if you're interested.

Offline A.A.H

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: December 20, 2010, 04:13:45 PM »
Duuude.
 you got this wrong
Its not about kids trying to be " brutal"
its expressing whats inside, what you feel,
it comes out different
and people hate it.
bands such as,
BMTH are hated.
but hell, they like what they play so who the hell cares?
get it right.
Dont generalize.
you obviously havent looked deeper then the surface

Love thine enemies because they are the instruments to your destiny.

Offline David Lout

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: December 20, 2010, 07:40:23 PM »
Duuude.
 you got this wrong
Its not about kids trying to be " brutal"
its expressing whats inside, what you feel,
it comes out different
and people hate it.
bands such as,
BMTH are hated.
but hell, they like what they play so who the hell cares?
get it right.
Dont generalize.

you obviously havent looked deeper then the surface

I definitely have looked deeper than the surface. I don't think BMTH likes what they play. From what I heard, they sold out. Also, metalcore/deathcore or a lot of core bands use gory names for song titles, and then just end up doing stupid breakdowns the whole song. Also, DO NOT tell me that core is about emotion. If that was true, they wouldn't come up with such ludicrous names for songs like "dogs can grow beards all over". I hate people that say all they care about is emotion, but then just listen to generic core music with no melody. You want emotion while listening to metal? Listen to anything not core related. Melodic death, funeral doom, technical death metal, symphonic black metal,etc. There are a few exceptions to core bands being good, but in general, it's talentless, repetitive, and generic.

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: December 20, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »
I definitely have looked deeper than the surface. I don't think BMTH likes what they play. From what I heard, they sold out. Also, metalcore/deathcore or a lot of core bands use gory names for song titles, and then just end up doing stupid breakdowns the whole song. Also, DO NOT tell me that core is about emotion. If that was true, they wouldn't come up with such ludicrous names for songs like "dogs can grow beards all over". I hate people that say all they care about is emotion, but then just listen to generic core music with no melody. You want emotion while listening to metal? Listen to anything not core related. Melodic death, funeral doom, technical death metal, symphonic black metal,etc. There are a few exceptions to core bands being good, but in general, it's talentless, repetitive, and generic.
I love that you took a song title from TDWP, which is another terrible post-hc band.

Offline David Lout

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: December 20, 2010, 08:59:30 PM »
I love that you took a song title from TDWP, which is another terrible post-hc band.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_Wears_Prada_%28band%29
Wiki says they are metalcore. Apparently, Born of Osiris is deathcore. Either way, hardcore=core. And I love that you don't try to actually refute anything I say, just try and nit-pick at genres.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: December 20, 2010, 09:15:04 PM »
f#ck debate of opinions
it's colby's birthday... god i wish i could give him his punches :P
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Colby Zayne Gamache

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The best way out is through...
    • View Profile
    • Inertia Movements
« Reply #9419 on: December 20, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »
yeah, its my birthday...i get on to talk to everyone because i miss you little bastards and all i see is arguing over core and metal.

as for arguing, i really dont feel that having an entire page arguing the difference between the two is worth taking up space in this thread. this thread was made for a purpose, something that i dont think anyone but the original nighthawks really understand. this is a safe haven to come to and avoid all the heat and arguing found on the threads. This thread isnt supposed to digust me every time  log on and check up on you guys. And trust me, i'm here. just because i dont post as often, i'm always checking up on you to see what the hell is going on. Get this shit straight and drop the damn subject.

on a lighter note, heres blake, explaining wtf is up.

blake - aight sittin here  with colby on the couch for his 21st b day waiting to party tomorrow and im reading all you have to say about the different genres and honestly you have no idea what your talking about you have no idea what it really means to be "brutal" its not about all the stupid names for songs or selling out or any of that shit.... im not gonna explain it because i know someone will just argue it further, so im leaving it at this

Colby - and as for selling out...what about david belle? Daniel Illabace? Livewire? all the big names in freerunning/parkour...are they sellouts because they decided to get paid to do what the love? TDWP, soldout? if they love making the music they make, why the f#ck wouldnt it make sense to get paid to make it? If I had a chance to getpaid to freerun, damn right i would take it. Right now, I'm trying to find a path that will take me to that step. It's what i live for. Running is what i live for. ofcourse I'm going to take the chance if it comes..opportunity only knocks once...its up to you to get off the couch and open the damn door...

btw, if you're wondering about blake and his "brutalness", his band is what pulled me into "-core". I loved being at every band practice to listen to his band...

stop arguing over stupid points and and start finding ways to influence each other to do something positive because if things dont change, i'm lockingthis thread and i swear on my love for running its never going to ope again. I've done it once, i'll do it again...dont piss me off anymore than i already am...

happy 21st birthday to me, right?