Author Topic: Night Hawks  (Read 438229 times)

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
Re: Night Hawks
« Reply #8000 on: September 25, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »
I'm trying my best bro. However we have someone who is insensitive to others beliefs, even though he waves his around like a f#cking birthday present.

Changing the subject let's talk about how much we love Colby.
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: September 25, 2010, 07:27:43 PM »
Colby is a fagweed bastard who smokes and drinks often. He is common white trash and is going to die soon.
Changing the subject let's talk about how much we love Colby.
Oh... Colby is a f#cking badass. I'm proud to call him my big (internet) brother. ;D
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: September 25, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »
Ok serious talk. I think ghandi was a great man but one point I disagree with him about is his famous quote "i am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am preapred to kill." thoughts?
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Offline A.A.H

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: September 25, 2010, 07:40:32 PM »
if your not prepared to fight for what you believe in. what do you have?
honestly, you can die, but if you dont fight nobody is going to remember it

Love thine enemies because they are the instruments to your destiny.

Offline NathanE

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: September 25, 2010, 07:51:04 PM »
Fighting does not all ways mean killing. Fighting could be with words or actions that create a type of conflict.
I see no reason to try and impress you, But I will impress myself.

Pain may be weakness leaving the body but it sure hurts.

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: September 25, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
those who stand for nothing, fall for anything- alexander hamilton.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: September 25, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
If you're afraid to stand up for something, you better sit down.
Shut up and Train

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8007 on: September 25, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »
confused on who won.... clarify?

Sorry, I was caught up in his childishness. Entirely my fault.

Ok serious talk. I think ghandi was a great man but one point I disagree with him about is his famous quote "i am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am preapred to kill." thoughts?

Let us not forget that Ghandi is an advocate for pacifism. He fought not with death and destruction, but rather with words and compassion. While he was jailed and abused for Human freedoms, he still preached that all show abstain from violence, emotional corruption, and hatred.

He practiced what he preached and kept to his words because that shows more than hypocrisy.

It is absolutely what influenced Martin Luther King Jr. and it is why Ghandi is such a great, honorable, and compassionate man.

I want to say more, but I have church in the morning. I'll post more relevance to the subject later.
"There is no problem so big it cannot be run away from."

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: September 25, 2010, 09:33:14 PM »
...yall arent proving shit to me...

iunno colby... I was havin some trouble and the night hawks helped me sort it out
I mean I didnt post it in the thread but I went down the NH list on my phone =P
.:Don't think about it. Just do it:.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8009 on: September 26, 2010, 03:10:52 AM »
the beginning seems like your calling me an idiot, the end seems like your agreeing with me. what im saying is you can argue fighting others is wrong but there will be times where it is required.
i think it was Chris who quoted someone that said something like "true conviction will always lead to violence."

And yet, in your case (or your friend's case) it would be wrong because he has other options other than beating the living daylight out of the guy. He can do the more ethically sound road without having to use overt violence. Calling the police IS self-defense. I don't know why people can't understand this. Getting legal action to ensure safety (which is in general what laws are enacted for) of a person is definitely self-defense.

The law isn't there so we can just shrug at it and forget it. Every civilian can use these laws to maintain order, safety, and peace without having to hurt, injury, or maim.

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8010 on: September 26, 2010, 04:26:50 AM »
And yet, in your case (or your friend's case) it would be wrong because he has other options other than beating the living daylight out of the guy. He can do the more ethically sound road without having to use overt violence. Calling the police IS self-defense. I don't know why people can't understand this. Getting legal action to ensure safety (which is in general what laws are enacted for) of a person is definitely self-defense.

The law isn't there so we can just shrug at it and forget it. Every civilian can use these laws to maintain order, safety, and peace without having to hurt, injury, or maim.

dosen't  matter much because its my friends suggestion not mine.

Let us not forget that Ghandi is an advocate for pacifism. He fought not with death and destruction, but rather with words and compassion. While he was jailed and abused for Human freedoms, he still preached that all show abstain from violence, emotional corruption, and hatred.

He practiced what he preached and kept to his words because that shows more than hypocrisy.

It is absolutely what influenced Martin Luther King Jr. and it is why Ghandi is such a great, honorable, and compassionate man.

I want to say more, but I have church in the morning. I'll post more relevance to the subject later.
Ghandi was a great man, but what i was asking was what is your guy's take on pacifism?

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
  • Working Hard and Hardly Working
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100001088661451&ref=profile
« Reply #8011 on: September 26, 2010, 05:28:28 AM »
 I respect someone being able to turn the left cheek but at some point people will just walk all over them. On the other hand you shouldn't just duke it out every time your standing for ur beliefs. You should fight only when its necessary. :D 

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: September 26, 2010, 05:40:18 AM »
I respect someone being able to turn the left cheek but at some point people will just walk all over them. On the other hand you shouldn't just duke it out every time your standing for ur beliefs. You should fight only when its necessary. :D 
makes the most sense here.., not saying the other arguments don't make sense, but this is what i believe is right
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: September 26, 2010, 05:52:55 AM »
I never said you should fight over every little thing. Choosing your battles is important and a sign of maturity. But the ones worth fighting should be fought.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: September 26, 2010, 05:55:16 AM »

Guys I found a picture of Aldarion, tex, me, and jake (left to right)
(props to kendy)
Shut up and Train

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: September 26, 2010, 06:37:53 AM »
Shut up and Train

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: September 26, 2010, 06:50:21 AM »

Triple post... because this is socialize and i can
Shut up and Train

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8017 on: September 26, 2010, 09:26:26 AM »
Ghandi was a great man, but what i was asking was what is your guy's take on pacifism?

I think that pacifism takes more moralistic resolve than a lot of ethical philosophies. However, I think that it becomes foolish and reckless.

One should try to preach, maintain, and practice non-violence whenever possible. However, if it means that you have to fight (understand that one doesn't have to kill) in circumstances to defend yourself (and/or most importantly another person) from physical or mental harm then by all means. Just make sure that if you decide to fight, there isn't any other options to resolve the conflict peacefully.

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8018 on: September 26, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »

Guys I found a picture of Aldarion, tex, me, and jake (left to right)
(props to kendy)

... I-... No comment.

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: September 26, 2010, 09:58:59 AM »
I think that pacifism takes more moralistic resolve than a lot of ethical philosophies. However, I think that it becomes foolish and reckless.

One should try to preach, maintain, and practice non-violence whenever possible. However, if it means that you have to fight (understand that one doesn't have to kill) in circumstances to defend yourself (and/or most importantly another person) from physical or mental harm then by all means. Just make sure that if you decide to fight, there isn't any other options to resolve the conflict peacefully.
pretty much what I have been saying, though with better word choice. However sometimes there may be instances where it's kill it be killed. Which would you pick?