Author Topic: OMG holy hell This is next level  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
Re: OMG holy hell This is next level
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 09:19:16 PM »
Oh god this is killing me how many people are falling for this.

This is officially  a fake its a viral marketing add for Hi-tec gear. Get over it.

Its easy to tell its fake because first of all it is impossible, their clearly running on plexiglass ramps, and the interviews are obviously canned its intended as comedy.

Read up on the physicals of surface tension and how species that do run on water like Basilisk lizards do it its pretty easy to figure out why this is impossible.
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.

Offline /shane/

• Mangabey
  • Parkour is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 01:45:13 PM »
i dont get why people say this isnt real, do your research people, liquid mountaineering is a real sport. this vid isnt an ad or a fake, people actually do this crap.

Oh, the irony.  ::)

Btw I just did my research and found what I was looking for without clicking a single link. "... Liquid Mountaineering is a new term created by some European pranksters to describe a new technique they've pioneered for walking on water."

Sorry I didn't bother looking into before, simply because I'm not all that gullible, people have been using this technique for movies and all kinds of stuff for a long time. Everything about that video is obviously fake, from the way the waves are moving to the sudden drop to the normal one or two steps after they reach the end to the simple and obvious fact: IT'S FREAKING PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

Sigh, no wonder people make fun of us Americans so much.....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:11:03 PM by /shane/ »
A state of mind when you are performing a physical movement that is neither too simple or too complex. Your focus rules out all other mental processes, your mind has no time for words, worries, or distractions. There is only timing, spatial awareness, and the feeling of satisfaction as you land

Offline Scott Drebus

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 11:57:11 PM »
Here's something a little more real, and it's a tutorial even:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CARvi_0G0uE

Offline Rmel

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 03:55:22 AM »
Well Damn...Looks like special effects, but I know its not. Cool!
Visualize, Overcome

Offline Jose "ballzy" Baliño

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
nice video although i cant say if its real or not because before i started parkour i saw some videos of it and thought it was impossible just to do some of those simple vaults and jumps....and sometimes science can be wrong as was the physicist or whatever she was from the parkour vid on fight science when ryan doyle got her all confused and amazed
only one thing to do at this moment someone call the mythbusters quick

"Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it'll spread over into the rest of your life. It'll spread limits into your work, into your morality, int

Offline Alen L.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »
Quite a laugh watching that video. The guy who came up with the name "liquid mountaineering" is a genus  ;D I still want to try it however, just because it would be really funny to run really fast into the water and sink right in

Just make sure to bring a camera  ;D

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:57:47 PM by Andrew Hull »
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.