Author Topic: Knee tendonitis?  (Read 724 times)

Offline /shane/

• Mangabey
  • Parkour is......
    • View Profile
Knee tendonitis?
« on: May 07, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »
Ok so at the beginning of this year I popped my knee badly in a tumbling accident - it hurt really badly if I put weight on it but oddly felt a lot better about an hour later. Anyways, it's been hurting off and on ever since and recently got worse, now it hurts all the time when performing tumbling any really hurts if I apply pressure right in front of the kneecap. I've asked lots of people about the popping, and they say it should be all right if it doesn't hurt to pop it. And it doesn't, but it's obviously a fairly serious injury and I'm wondering about how long I should take off/what I should do to help it heal. Anyways some guy said he thought it was a form of tendonitis and to take it easy, and I've been telling myself I would this whole year but you know how hard it is to stay away from parkour. I'm mainly wondering just how easy I should take it and if light exercise will help in the recovery process, oh and I'm kinda hoping it'll stop popping when it heals, it's getting kinda annoying.
A state of mind when you are performing a physical movement that is neither too simple or too complex. Your focus rules out all other mental processes, your mind has no time for words, worries, or distractions. There is only timing, spatial awareness, and the feeling of satisfaction as you land

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
Re: Knee tendonitis?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:43:26 PM »
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book