Author Topic: New Forum Layout?  (Read 2557 times)

WoodlandGhillie

New Forum Layout?
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »
What was this "VA-Tragedy?"

Offline KyleWP

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Layout?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:14:05 PM »
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm not sure if it's a legitimate concern or not. I haven't seen anything on the news or internet yet, so I don't know. Although, I admit I preferred the previous layout-- or at least a slightly more condensed version of what we have right now.
"A moment's insight is sometimes worth a lifetime of experience."

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:44:37 PM »
LOL.

I have no clue why that description is still up for this, but "Mid-Atlantic" ALWAYS had that meta-description.  When the layout on APK changed, you couldn't see it anymore, but I guess it was never taken out, so when the format changed AGAIN, you could see it again.

The VA-Parkour Tragedy was an event about six years ago when our first website www.va-parkour.com crashed, the server losing pretty much everything.  Back then, the ONLY traceurs in Virginia were the ones around the DC Metro, so Mark and Jesse made a "Mid-Atlantic" section for everyone from VA, DC, and MD to congregate in one centralized location (which was what VAPK had been).  It took us about five years to launch another website, namely due to the fact that we didn't see a huge need until these large communities were popping up AWAY from Northern Virginia, and we felt that they couldn't as easily identify with the DC scene.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

WoodlandGhillie

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »
Ah!

Dang Animus, how long have you been around?

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 06:07:24 PM »
I started shortly after Leon did.  I was just really fat and weak back then.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

WoodlandGhillie

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »
That reminds me...

If you were previously fat, then worked out to change that fat into muscle, would the same "rule" apply if you ate fats and worked out? (If already muscular?)

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:52:42 PM »
It doesn't really work that way, because the fat doesn't actually "change" into muscle.  You start burning more energy and you're not taking in more than you're burning, so you start to lose fat.  At the same time, there's a stress occurring to the muscles regularly that the brain starts to realize that your body needs to adapt to handle that stress.. so it triggers all the anabolic processes of the body so that any extra energy you are storing can be used for muscle production instead of just stored.  But that only happens in pretty out of shape people (building muscle and losing fat at the same time).

If you're already muscular, and want to get more muscular, eat more of anything and everything.  Yes, that includes fat.  But you can eat fat and lose body fat at the same time, as well.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia