Author Topic: Fundraising ideas?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Sala

• Patas
  • Cell:230.4570 Hit me up! We go Train
    • View Profile
Fundraising ideas?
« on: May 02, 2010, 04:11:26 PM »
Recently Ive been trying to find things that we[We being the local Aiea boys and HIPK] can do to make money.

So far we sell homebaked goods and just sell them@school.
Make a good profit of about $30 a week, everyother week.
With summer coming up however, we all plan on getting jobs.

We can however continue the lame bake sale and use the money we get from that to support HIPK.

Thoughts?
If we cant make love, we can always make peace. Cant we?

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
Re: Fundraising ideas?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 04:01:34 AM »
In what way are you wanting to support HIpk?
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Sala

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:51:06 PM »
Anyway really...

Were making enough money atm to buy everything we want(camera,group tshirts etc.)

I was just saying that after we get what we need want. Would it be alright if we continued to do what we already are, and just let HIPK/UCC use the money for whatevers?

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »
Very cool of you guys! I'm sure this is a problem most groups would like to have ;D

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »
We do need some shirts, just havent had the budget or the good deal to get some done.
 Ghandi

Offline Andrew

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 02:16:00 AM »
You could always do look into doing little shows here and there and ask for donations. Check in with local colleges, local business and/or other kind of shows like car shows and such.
"If I could just run faster, jump higher.... maybe I could fly"

Offline Oni_K

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 09:18:47 PM »
I've always gotten good money from carwashes and Krispy Kreme sales. Do them all the time at UH (are there enough UH students in HiPK now? You should try to start a RIO on campus if so). Also see a lot along kamehameha hwy in Kaneohe. Especially around the Kaneohe Bay Drive intersection.

You could maybe create a fundraiser for Leave-No-Trace/cleanup activities. Lots of people do it for 5k runs and that kind of thing. But it will likely require going door-to-door or other creative begging. Too bad you only get a highway sign for "adopt-a-highway", but that's an option if free advetising is also a desire.
ĂȘtre fort pour ĂȘtre utile

Offline Sala

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 09:27:29 PM »
Why is this a problem most groups would want to have? lol

Ive been planning a seminar ish thing  for like the past year or so, to help create parkour awareness in aiea. Planning proves to be hard.

I think dirty cars is sort of a fashion in Aiea. They could pay us to make there cars dirty though.
whats RIO?

Ill look into the Leave-No-Trace/Cleanup thing...

I found about 30 of those old HiPK flyers that ozzi printed up a while back. Next to the old Hipk news articles i had stashed somewhere. Lets the shameless advertising begin >:]

Hmmmm the shows thing is a good idea. But just screams for us to hurry up and get those vault boxes and scaffolding sets made -___-

Thanks for the input everyone, Greatly appreciated

turtlekarma

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 12:20:24 AM »
Ive been planning a seminar ish thing  for like the past year or so, to help create parkour awareness in aiea. Planning proves to be hard.

whats RIO?

Seminar?  You guys have trained with ozzi before, just follow his format and should be okay, right?  post fliers around your area, talk to people who you think would be interested, come up with a general plan of what you wanna do...practice it and then do it.  Oh and make sure you find somewhere to hold it that's a public space and easily accessible. 

RIO = Registered Independent Organization...clubs, honors associations and what not

New RIO application
http://www.hawaii.edu/caps/rio/documents/RIO_App_AY09-010-1.pdf

The process would take at LEAST a semester to set up properly.  I thought about doing it, but I'm graduating this semester...it's a real pain in the butt to set up unless you know someone.  I'm not saying dont try, but just be ready to run into some walls that need patience

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 04:49:42 PM »
If you want to hold a seminar, please let me know. I dont own Parkour in hawaii but if there is a seminar going on in hawaii Id like to know about it at least to help make sure it is properly taught and introduce to people. Im planning on holding one after I come from my trip to share the experience, so if anything you can let your peeps know there is one coming soon and I would love to have you all there.

We can work something out.
 Ghandi