Author Topic: wrist pain  (Read 2450 times)

Offline provin1327

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
wrist pain
« on: November 23, 2005, 09:54:29 PM »
Well the first time i actually got out and went to go do some pking i did a lazy vault over my dogs house (quite tall and pointy) and when i planted my hands everything was ok, but then after I landed and everything, I felt a awsome rush lol, but then my wristes ached like a sharp cold pain. Is this normal? After all it was my first time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 09:22:20 PM by Demon »

Gearsighted

Re: ouchies
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 06:50:22 AM »
Did you warm up thoroughly? When you are new to Parkour it's often quite easy to take the amount of stress and impact even simple moves are putting on your joints, especially considering they aren't used to anything similar. I would suggest adding some joint-mobility exercises to your warm-ups, rotating your wrists, elbows, knees, etc. thoroughly before jumping into training. Also, some simple wrist stretches and strengthening exercises would help quite a bit. I may be wrong, but I think the gymnastics website http://www.drillsandskills.com has some excellent exercises that help prevent wrist injury, being that the impact from gymnastics isn't eactly a natural occurance.

Just remember, warm-up more than you would probably think would be necessary, stretch thoroughly on your off days, and take it slow, even small, simple techniques hold the potential for some extreme impact and stress on unprepared joints and muscles.

Good luck :D

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: ouchies
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 08:24:09 AM »
yeah when i first started pk my ankels were killing me. but now i warm-up and it doesn't hurt anymore!!!

....is it just me or do i sound like an info-mercial...
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop