Author Topic: Santa Monica Parkor Class  (Read 1016 times)

Offline zKazama

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Santa Monica Parkor Class
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »
Hey guys, I'm just trying to spread the word on our parkour class we have going on every Sunday in Santa Monica.

It's a comprehensive course that's introductory level (as far as pk skills, the rest of the training will kick your butt), but very comprehensive - aside from the traceurs, we have at least 2 fitness trainers that go through muscle activation, dynamic warm-ups, functional strength development with kettlebells, olympic rings, rope climbing, cat balance on balance beams and specialized exercises to prevent injury.  Special emphasis on thoracic spine strengthening and proper kinetic chain alignment.

The traceurs are from team Suburban Ninjas

www.TheSuburbanNinjas.com

My name's Zero - most people know me as the host of a show on mtv called Silent Library, also a weapons expert of Deadliest Warrior.  I'm a martial artist of 20 years and am teaching what I can to mix in with parkour training for balance and functional strength. 

www.ZeroKazama.com

I hope this doesn't seem too much of a commercial but I'm just trying to get this class of the ground for the guys, I'm not making anything off of this. 

Course is 40 bucks/person but we have group discounts and plz let us know if you're broke - we can work something out.  Main thing is doing the art.

Email us to get a flyer - I'll be gone for a month after this next one (April-11).

Email is SantaMonicaParkour@gmail.com

Thanks for your time guys, flow well!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:36:31 PM by zKazama »

Offline CizreK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Monica Parkor Class
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »
We have to pay? That is kind of ridiculous. Considering I am paying out my ass for college.

What if I just come and hang out and run around, that's more of my style. 
This makes it seem like some kind of skatepark where you have to pay to get in. It makes people (like me) turn away from this "get together".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:55:15 AM by CizreK »

Offline Lonnie Tisdale

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • San Diego Parkour, PKCali.com
Re: Santa Monica Parkor Class
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »
When you have a dedicated teacher with a prepared lesson plan or even a coach working with you to improve specific aspects of your training, they deserve to be compensated for their time. If you just want to run around in a gym then find a place that offers open gym sessions. This gym might even do that as well. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
"Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it; he that fears not, gives advantage to the danger."