Author Topic: Whats your Parkour Name?  (Read 7251 times)

Offline Derek Hudson

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Whats your Parkour Name?
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »
My real name is Derek but everyone that knows me and my gamertag on xbox decided to call me Aero , short for Aeronian... so it just kind of stuck!!

Offline Happy Fries

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
You see, some people started abusing the impersonality of only existing in a virtual forum by a fake name, that they began not showing human decency during online conversations. That's why there's been a push/trend towards using real names on the forums, but I actually like what I've created as Skipper. The face to face time I've had with people through the name Skipper, the confidence I've gained through Skipper, its really not something I'm using to hide behind, rather something that I feel like I stand for and use to represent what I believe in.

Moral: Pretty fun concept when used right, destructive when abused.

QFT
I stepped into a new world. I watched you fly, saw you as a friend, the spirit of dreams. I imagined a new world, lands far away and imagined those faces as you hung in their sky. I'm leaving ground, stepping into a new world.
- Airships

Offline Derek Hudson

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 02:22:57 PM »
I kind of wish people wouldn't call me Aero its more of a username ... Hudson is preferred as that is my last name! ;)

Offline Stephanie Belle Hagan

• Mangabey
  • poof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 05:08:04 PM »
I've more or less earned the nickname 'Belle' in my community, primarily because I sing a lot, hum, it's my middle name, and my personal favorite reason, David BELLE. :) It's good. I've also been given the nickname Dips, short for Serendipity (it means unexpected luck), because I do a lot of cool things without meaning to haha.
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So, what the hell, leap!"
-Unknown

Offline Ryan Thomas

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 05:09:59 PM »
I've more or less earned the nickname 'Belle' in my community, primarily because I sing a lot, hum, it's my middle name, and my personal favorite reason, David BELLE. :) It's good. I've also been given the nickname Dips, short for Serendipity (it means unexpected luck), because I do a lot of cool things without meaning to haha.

you, my friend, are lucky and blessed to have that nic name!!!! dont take it for granted :P i would take that nic name in a second  :D
rtthewall55@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/rtthewall55

There are those who dream they can fly when they sleep, but then there are those who can really fly when they wake. Nothing is Impossible

... None but ourselves can Free our mind

Offline FireFistAce

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 11:05:24 PM »
I got the nickname Nami, which means Wave

my boyfriend is also practicing parkour, and he said that my movements looked like a wave
I went up smoothly, then it looked like I just fell down, and after that I kept going in the same direction for a while

haha, I still remember when I gave that name to you
when you where practicing monkey vaults I said that your movements looked like a wave, the most beautiful wave I've ever seen ;D

my nickname is Ace, shorter form of Fire Fist Ace
It's quite a wierd story, but somehow i managed to make my hand catch on fire once, it happened during science at school ;D

Offline Eli

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Wow, you guys still exist after all these years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »
I have been called many names of the moment before, but my most common name and nickname, is Eli. That's not actually my first name, nor my middle name at all. 'Tis a nickname for the middle. My real first name is Robert. And my middle? Well let's keep that a secret for now....
The Greatest Lesson A Traceur Learns
Quote from: Sai Chikine
Parkour spots are buried in random places.

Looking for me on the web?
Just Search for "SticktheFigure"

Offline Kyle Kuchler

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »
well i have a qroup and we all have PK NAMES mines sike and my frends are shade, metal, and ice 8)

Offline Chris Acuna

• Patas
  • Traceur, Trials biker, and nerd, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 02:30:45 PM »
Parkour "names" are actually nicknames that are earned. You dont just get one.

Mine is Blanc 'cuz Knox (local AWESOME traceur) knew I was young and light and whatnot, and thought of white lightning, then I was like FEATHER! Then I changed it to french and now i'm just White. :P

YEAH! lol

So... if you want a "name," don't ask for it.

KNOX!!!

haha
"Parkour...Is a weapon in disguse. We Train, and when one day when we encounter a problem, we know that we are able to use it"
- David Belle

Prodigy Parkour

*APK Roof-Police*

WoodlandGhillie

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »

Offline Kiro

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2010, 07:04:15 PM »
Iam often called and have addoped the name Kiro meaning A King or "Lord". Thought to originate from the greek word "Kyrios" with similar meaning. i dont know why i was called this but someone called me it and it has stuck mainly because i like it

Offline Eli Clawson

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »
All my friends call me spider monkey because everything is a playground for me, and when playing dodgeball noone ever hits me, which leads. to my nickname ninja.  I move silently and i can appear out of no where in an instant.  I tend to lie in wait and make people makes mistakes and use those to my advantage (in dodgball and cod).  Also flash because im fast and agile.
All men are created equal...then a few good men become Marines

WoodlandGhillie

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »
KNOX!!!

haha

His was self-titled. Apparently he used to think big jumps and lots of flips was cool. Did crazy stuff like Johnny Knoxville, thus the name "Knox"

Offline Chris Acuna

• Patas
  • Traceur, Trials biker, and nerd, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »
His was self-titled. Apparently he used to think big jumps and lots of flips was cool. Did crazy stuff like Johnny Knoxville, thus the name "Knox"

True true. He's hilarious though. Me and my friend have like 6 inside jokes from when we went to Primal and he was there!
"Parkour...Is a weapon in disguse. We Train, and when one day when we encounter a problem, we know that we are able to use it"
- David Belle

Prodigy Parkour

*APK Roof-Police*

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 12:43:40 PM »
My real name is Josh (duh), but my PK nickname is "Deer." The town that I am originally from  (Yutan, NE) was built next to an area owned by the Oto tribe. One of my last girlfriends was apart of this tribe. I went to a powwow with her, and it was there that I was told that my guardian animal spirit was a whitetail deer. The rest is history.
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Offline Scared Doggy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Connor Hagerty
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 06:25:53 PM »
Some close friends call me Scared Doggy cuz its been my internet name for a long time. But my actual nickname which literally everyone calls me is Cooner, or just Coon. The name started a couple years ago, one of my friends started calling me that, and I thought,'ok it's a play off my name; Connor.' Which it was. But it wasn't until nearly a year later that I found out that the name/word was fairly racist. So since then I kinda wish people would stop calling me Cooner(mostly they just say Coon which is worse) but its what everyone calls me now  :-\ And that's why I didn't use my nickname for these forums cuz it sounds racist.
Minnesota Parkour
YouTubeAccount

turtlekarma

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 11:34:56 PM »
Ryan F.  it's too confusing to have multiple "names"...one works best.  I'm proud of who I am and don't want to have a different face then the one I wear every day.  IMO It's cool to have a nickname, but you grow out of it after a while. 

Offline Fecteau

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Damn straight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2010, 07:16:31 AM »
People usually go "HEY YOU!" when I try to train downtown. Then I have to head to another area. :(
But my friends call me either Nick or Current depending on what I'm doing at the time.
Fecteau, you are the first person I will turn to when I break up with Micah, haha
;)
Fect, you get a gold star for the day.

Offline Cheshire Parkour

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »
beebs. we've got erad, beebs, dave, b-dons, and bucky haha
In memory of Andrew. Rest in peace, fellow traceur.

Break, away from everybody. Break, away from everything. If you can't stand the way this place is, take yourself to higher places. - threedaysgrace