Author Topic: Bakersfield/Taft Area  (Read 4717 times)

Offline blackmajic13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Bakersfield/Taft Area
« on: April 02, 2010, 01:45:12 AM »
Anyone around here?? I live in Bakersfield. And me and my friend could really use another person to learn from or just train with. Or if you want help, we're good at helping each other get over obstacles physically and mentally.

So yea, anyone around Bakersfield wanna jam sometime?

Offline blackmajic13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Bakersfield/Taft Area
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:09:43 PM »
Come on?? Anyone?

Offline Manchis51

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 07:20:01 PM »
I'm local to the Bakersfield area and am also trying to get better at parkour/freerunning. I haven't found any local clubs or gyms though. Where do you parkour?

Offline blackmajic13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:32:29 PM »
I'm local to the Bakersfield area and am also trying to get better at parkour/freerunning. I haven't found any local clubs or gyms though. Where do you parkour?

Hey, I hope you check this soon. I train at multiple places. My friend and I just met 2 more people to train with here too.
We train at Silvercreek park, and every so often we go to Rabobank Arena and the downtown area.

Hit me up on myspace though, send me a message!
www.myspace.com/the_nameless_

Offline Badger

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:02:06 AM »
So this is extremely old, but i'm fairly new to the site.  Any chance you guys still wanna get together? I'm in bako and haven't found anyone else to train with

Offline Ninja Traceur

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »
hi guys! I live in Fresno and I need a good group of friends to train with. I'm 16 and you can reach me on my facebook just message me who you are and how you found me: nickster_rulz@live.com

Offline DerekT

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 12:53:28 AM »
I live in Bakersfield and am VERY new to parkour and don't have anyone or anywhere nearby to practice. Any advice or something?

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 02:16:24 PM »
Helo, Derek T, I'm not in California but I can get you on track to learning. A good place to start would be The Beginner's Guide and the Frequently Asked Questions board.

I am sure there are spots near you to train. Many people, myself included, think there is nothing to train on when they start out. As you train more it will be easier to see them. Being very imaginative can go a long way but some things you may need the experience to spot. Curbs, handrails, playgrounds, parks, and picnic tables tend to get overlooked when starting out.

If you can, you could watch some tutorials online from youtube channels like LaFlairParkour(lots of detailed tutorials), Ryan Ford(a few tutorials, lots of parkour related excercises) , Amos Rendao(the best roll tutorials, highly recommended) , Parkour Generations(lots of small tips and misc. videos) , Parkour Visions(lots of progressions), TappBrothers(good amount of tutorials and excercises) , and Ronnie Street Stunts(another turorial channel) . I few other parkour related channels I'd recommend would be l1consolable, Flow, American Parkour, David Belle, Temecula Parkour, Parkour Science, and 3run Tube.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time