Author Topic: Springfield Anyone?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline David Cagle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Springfield Anyone?
« on: March 26, 2010, 03:34:58 PM »
Does anyone regularly practice parkour in Springfield, MO?  I been going downtown from like 8:30 to 10 or so every night that isn't too wet.  This week has been crappy since it's freaking Spring Break for me and others.

I would go during the day, but I feel awkward by myself with everyone around.  I been hitting up Founders for some gaps and landings.  The Bearline building in front next to the railroad tracks is great for many movements.  Jordan Valley parking garage is useful as well.

So if you would like to get together sometime for just some practice and sharing of knowledge, then let me know.  Doesn't have to be a regular thing, just whenever.

Thanks!  ;D
What's the point of living if you aren't always trying to exceed yourself everyday?

Offline Prancer

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Springfield Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »
There are a fair number of us that hit founders park on Saturday morning.... but the weather hasn't been  all that great recently. I could be up for some nightly jumping around like a monkey.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 02:15:37 PM »
Welcome to the boards!  Like Andrew said, you're welcome to join us on Saturday mornings, and I know there are plenty of us who would love to do parkour more often.

However, since we're all in this together, make sure you stay out of places you shouldn't be.  Founders park closes at night, and I don't want to see parkour get a bad rap in Springfield. :)

Offline Dustin Smith

• Mangabey
  • 417-343-7111 call or txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
Yes bad rap's are horrible   ;) it was great having you and Morgan out and hope to see you again next week. Eli and Andrew where were you guys?

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 06:48:36 PM »
Pilot Knob, MO.  Home of Elephant Rocks State Park. :)

Offline Dustin Smith

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
You suck. How was it?

Offline David Cagle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »
Yeah, I only have jumped it once because i was dying to do this large gap just once, i made sure to QM everywhere.  It felt sort of cool =P BearLine had a security officer over there so i stayed clear.
What's the point of living if you aren't always trying to exceed yourself everyday?

Offline Colton Dutton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
Hey, i'm new to parkour, and im in the springfield area! Names Colton :)

Offline Dustin Smith

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 09:14:50 AM »
Welcome Colton!

Offline Cooper640

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 04:16:48 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm Tyler, i live in the Springfield area. Been wanting to get into parkour for a while so now i've finally decided to do it. Idk how good my endurance and strength are right now so i'm going to be starting a workout routine. Though assuming i'm physically capable of getting involved i'd love to start learning some things.  :)

Offline David Cagle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »
I got downtown now everyone saturday around 10:45 to 1. 

Offline faust_viiith

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 03:47:43 PM »
Hello! I just moved here, and I'm very new to parkour. Hope to see some of you around! (If you see me, I'll be the pint-sized person falling off things)

Offline Hobie37

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »
Hey guys, names Josh. Go by that or Hobie. I'm in springfield and new to it all although I have been tumbling in my buddies gymnastics gym for a while now. Looking to turn it into freerunning/parkour. Looking to gather and learn

Offline kewlhotrod

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 12:15:03 AM »
Yep, just another newbie here, hehe. My name is Anthony and I've always loved and had an innate ability to jump and vault many things with an exceptional  center of gravity. I've never researched and learned the actual ways about parkour, but I will be here shortly and would REALLY like to get together with some people from time to time and learn things from people. I think you'll find I'm a fairly fun guy to hang out with. ;)

If regular things do go down PLEASE send me a PM so I am aware. :)