Author Topic: Why do you Parkour?  (Read 9488 times)

Offline Nem

• Patas
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
Re: Why do you Parkour?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2005, 08:32:08 AM »
It beats the alternative.
Rusty, but still solid.

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2005, 05:20:12 PM »
I do it because it's like my calling and it still feals like the first day, you know that great excitement and desire to go out and descover about parkour. As long as that fealing comes I will hopefully do it. Thats why. :)
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline Gareth EE Field

• Mangabey
  • Aaayyooo!!!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2005, 07:19:02 PM »
After the past two days, I've seen that the benefits in my social life and emotional health have been a figment of my imagination. Sweet irony. However, I had more fun at the jam yesterday than I've had in a long time, and the parkour sucked. I pk because I love it, and I love the people who do it. Also, I really like one of Belle's mottos, "Etre fort, etre utile." (to be stong, to be useful), even though I'm not that strong or useful. Maybe someday though ...
PK4LIFE!

Offline plasmademon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2005, 09:47:53 PM »
I Parkour mainly just because how fun and exhilarating it is. Doing a split-vault over a fire hydraunt, doing a tic-tac over a trash can, and just plain speed vaulting is so exciting that I cant stop.

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I didn't know you could put words here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2005, 09:51:45 PM »
I do it because even if i wanted to stop i couldn't, i'm addicted.

The ReTraining Logs of CyanideSoda
  Post constructive comments please.

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2005, 11:14:53 AM »
i do it because of all the sexy female traceurs... oh wait nevermind

I started to do it becuase i wnated to do flips( i was so misinformed),
I've continued to do it because never in my life have i done somthing that has expanded my thought so much, and had so much fun in the process

Offline ScrewLoose

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Rob's PK Store
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 10:01:03 AM »
Everyday I am forced to go outside and make my way to one location or another.  Whether it's to work, to meet up with people, or just to get away from it all.  If I must move thorough my environment....I can't think of a better (funner:-) way.

I enjoy the aspects of athleticism, freedom, and energy that I get from doing Parkour. 

And, it's just FUN!  FUN, FUN, FUN!  Did I mention it was fun?

Offline Rice

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Renzhe Parkour
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 11:37:04 AM »
I do this thing of Parkour for a simple reason...I am one SEXY BEAST!

Yes, it relates.  Read between the lines mo fo!

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2005, 10:11:32 PM »
I do parkour because of the feeling I get when I do something perfectly.  It gives me a reason to finally start working on becoming more physically fit.  I know that if I stive to be the best I can sure get close at least.  Anyway, I love parkour because it is a totally awesome sport that actually has use when trying to get around places. ;D
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 09:58:20 PM »
I do parkour one...because it has the motions have always been one with my actions.

and two...It is the only thing that I have been really good at.  I have tried gymnastics, skating, music etc and this seems to be my own thing that not to many people can touch me.  It feels good.

Oh and its frekin fun...
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 10:39:19 PM »
Its no longer just parkour for me. Its definetely a lifestyle. Theres no where I go that I dont think, "Gee I could move around this by doing that." I strive for efficeincy but I also love to have that spice and flair added in. This discipline is afected by how much you put into it and how committed you are. It's so free and open (I hated going to soccer practice every day... bleh...) The community is wonderful, you guys are the best people I know. It keeps me fit and good lookin'  ;D It opens my mind to all new sets of possibilities, It's made me so much more open minded then I was before. It helps me deal with life, anytime Im down I go out and do my parkour to stop thinking about situations im in. I used to do tons of martial arts so I have built on self discipline and parkour definetely takes that up a notch. I like to be able to escape, but moreso to say "Hah I bet I can climb up that wall --No you cant -- Yeah I can, watch -- ...Woah."

The list goes on and on. Its my passion and desire. I love it  :D
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 01:44:29 PM »
i do parkour because it gives me a great sense of freedom and individualitity.
it is great excercise and i met awesome people doing it
the parkour community is a bajilion times more helpful and friendly than other sports
most of all though, i do parkour because its some crazy kick ass SHiat!
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

Offline Daniel Faulkner

• Guenons
  • pierced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2006, 07:50:15 PM »
I do parkour because it pushes all my limits.  Parkour pushes me physically and mentally.  It has increased my confidence and my physical abilities. Parkour has given me a more refined awareness of my body, where I am located spacially and what each part of my body is doing during a movement.  Parkour is different and non mainstream.  It is also cool as hell to say i skateboard, ride motocross and practice parkour, because people are like, "Whats parkour?"  or they are like "Holy Shit, you do that free-running stuff, thats crazy!".  I do parkour because its free.  It makes me feel free and it just makes me feel damn good.
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Not all who wander are lost. J.R. Tolkien

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 09:15:57 PM »
I just started Parkour, i was a gymnast but because of my shoulder injuries i had to stop :( sucks having such serious problems at such a young age(im 15). Its fun i like the principles of it. Such a simple view of the world around us that some people dont see. Yes its very painful at times cuz of my shoulder but im not giving up on this parkour. "Winners never quit, Quiters never win" Although i just started im picking up pretty fast. I wish there was more to bradenton, FL. I parkour becuase i can and will!

Offline goldie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 06:53:31 AM »
i practise parkour because i think that it teaches me alot of things about myself and i think that it will help me in difficult situations and i will have an advantage over others who may not be as fit or able to move efficiently. i parkour because it love it
0 ( unhappy cyclops
0 ( unhappy cyclops