Author Topic: Ash's Training Journal (Comments Welcome)  (Read 27500 times)

Pyrobyte

Re: Ash's Training Journal (Comments Welcome)
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »
Didn't do much yesterday... I did random push-ups. Diamond, incline, decline, pseudo planche, and handstand push-ups. I can nearly get the full ROM on an HSPU.

Pyrobyte

« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »
Pretty fun day.

I trained with a friend for about an hour; mainly playing add-on.

Then, we went back to my place and had an airsoft war (my first one, yay) in my backyard. I guess you call it a war even if there are only two people... But yeah, it was pretty fun. We played for nearly three hours and I only got hit once. Those guns can't shoot the broad side of a barn...

Well, yeah. The weather is starting to get better; it rained for the first time in months, and is starting to get cooler.

Pyrobyte

« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2010, 05:12:09 PM »
3-5-3 Pull-ups
3-5-3 Bar Dips (on the pull up bar)
6 Pull-ups
4 Dips

Some random L-Sits and tuck planches.

Pyrobyte

« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »
7-5-5 Pull-ups
5-5-5 Dips
10 Hanging Leg Raises
10 Paralell Bar Leg Raises

Some L-Sits.

L-Sits on ground are so fun. I have the strength for a V-Sit now, but not the flexibility....

Pyrobyte

« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2010, 06:26:08 PM »
Handstand/L-Sit Practice

Pyrobyte

« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2010, 02:04:26 PM »
Damnit...my strength seems to be deteriorating. I couldn't do a climb-up today...  >:(

Handstand/L-Sit stuff. I can't do a tuck planche very well either anymore.

5 HSPU (beginner; head to pillow)
10 20lb Bicep Curls (10lbs in each hand)
10 10lb Tricep Curls (5lbs in each hand)

Nevermind, the tuck planche is as good if not better than ever; I was just placing my hands too far up.

Some random fooling around...handstands, 30lb bicep curls (15lbs per hand), and trying to lift up L-Sits into V-Sits until I get high enough to fall backwards.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:37:38 PM by -Ash- »

Pyrobyte

« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »
A few turn to safeties at lunch...I landed on the side of a stair after one of the safeties and twisted my ankle.

10x2 Hanging Leg Raises

Some random stuff...handstands, L-Sits, pull-ups, dips, bicep curls...just having fun.

I really wanna get out and train soon, but it's been a busy week.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:35:11 PM by -Ash- »

Pyrobyte

« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
Sore. Probably because I did some nearly full-ROM handstand push-ups (head inch from floor), and more advanced one arm pull-up progression. (hand further down on towel) It's my deltoids and lats, so...sounds right.

First, I found out at lunch, I can walk to a somewhat useable training area. I can do cats and vaults from cats. It was okay, I guess. It'll pass the time. I did some cats to two-handers to a five or six foot drop. I've noticed that my landing are much smoother and feel a lot better. I can land nearly soundlessly and with little effort.

I did some precisions, broad jumps, and swing precisions... All much smoother and further. Gonna go measure my broad jump right now.

Pyrobyte

« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2010, 08:01:54 AM »
Lots o' climb-ups.

I went out to get the mail with bare feet this morning...and I felt an urge to try one (with a new technique I learned about). It was awesome...far from perfect, but fast and correct.

Then I tried with shoes...not as good, but still fast and correct.

Moar climb-ups.

Trained around my yard.

My one arm pull-up goal for this year is looking bad. Maybe I'm asking too much of myself...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:55:10 PM by -Ash- »

Pyrobyte

« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
TONS of climb-ups. So fun, and I nailed everyone of them.

Random pull-ups this morning...towel pull-ups, hand further down. (two reps per arm)
Close Grip Commando Pull-ups. (three reps per side)
Some other random things taking weight off one arm and more to another arm.
I was feeling really tired, so no max tests. If I do perfect form (which I just now achieved) I can do around seven, I know that. (these "perfect forms" have straight unmoving legs, chin above bar, and all the controlled all the way down with a one second rest at the bottom with shoulders pulled in tight) I couldn't do seven this morning though.

Then for three hours, I had a friend (training partner) over, and we played airsoft a bit, then walked in woods. We found a tree branch and did cat balance on it...it was like a foot in diameter, and then it broke...

We were just at my house, so we climbed stuff a bit... I did tons of climb-ups, like I said, he tried climb-up negatives, which he didn't succeed at... Yeah.

10 Wall Dips - Super Easy
I tried a full ROM HSPU (head to floor) but couldn't push back up once my head touched the floor...I fell.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:47:17 PM by -Ash- »

Pyrobyte

« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »
Argh, I've had a headache all day, and didn't get to practice. I want to SOOO BADLY.

A few climb-ups. They're okay, I guess. I need to press more with my legs, and maybe I can get my arms on top more... I have traceur wrists now. (more so than usual) By that I mean scrapes all over my wrists for clipping the wall on climb-ups.

I trained for an hour or so with visualization, if that counts. I do every day...

Haha, I saw two 15lb barbells and I packback, so I did some 30lb weighted push ups...

Ooo cool, I can do a 1 arm push up.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:48:33 PM by -Ash- »

Pyrobyte

« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2010, 02:13:23 PM »
Whoa. I tried a kong at lunch today on a rail I found, and it was awesome. It got nearly six feet from the rail...and I wasn't even trying.

Also, I found my strength.

10 Pull-ups
10 HSPU's (head to pillow)
1 Arm Pull-Up Progression - all the way down on the towel. I need to get a bigger towel now. (two reps each arm on those)

I think I have to do the 10 pull ups again tomorrow to make it a completed goal, it could have just been luck.

10 Moar Pull-ups :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:46:06 PM by -Ash- »

Pyrobyte

« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
Had a friend over to train today...I really wanted to train elsewhere, but my mom wouldn't drive me. I want to train somewhere other than my house so badly...

So, I did kind of a circuit thing...Safety vault over a tiny wall, cat traverse, climb-up, odd angle safety vault, and repeat...

My climb-ups are getting a lot better.

Walked in the woods, played airsoft, etc.

Then, after an awesome day, I was just walked, tripped on a walnut, and twisted my ankle. Joy.

Argh...want to train...so...badly... I wanna go and find amazing rails and walls and vault and climb them. Ahhhh....

Also, I'm finding many exercises I have done useful in climbing trees. Climbing an oak in my backyard, I used one arm pull up progressions and one arm rows...fun stuff.

Ow, my ankle...

I want to go train so badly. I feel like I can take my training to a new level again. I feel powerful, in a controlled way...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:10:17 PM by -Ash- »

Pyrobyte

« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »
10 Pull-ups

Pyrobyte

« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2010, 07:52:59 AM »
Oh gosh...I found a nice place to practice, but so awkward. There is a really weird set of rails on top of walls and I nearly bailed. Argh.

Minus 15lb One Arm Pull Negatives (2 reps each arm)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:50:33 AM by -Ash- »

Offline James Cavin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 25, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »
Damn you sound like you're getting strong!

I hope you get the one-arm pullup and keep us informed. That's a pretty amazing accomplishment that most don't have the dedication for(myself included).

Pyrobyte

« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2010, 11:14:05 AM »
Thank you. I definitely will. It may take 6 more months, or even a year, but I'm gonna do it. I haven't even done the whole negative of it yet.

Pyrobyte

« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
Extensive airsoft...lots of running and walking in the woods. Knees feeling good, twisted ankle hurts, but I worked through it.

Lots of parkour, too. Kongs over a box, climb-up, etc. The kongs feel particularly strong...

Pyrobyte

« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »
Some actual one arm pull up negatives...about two seconds each.

Some arm jumps to climb-ups.

Fat wall turn vaults.

Ran 0.20 Uphill/Downhill. No flat.

Bit of vaulting...I vaulted a pretty high wall, and I was right when I said my kongs were stronger. I felt so amazing. I can get about three feet before I start falling down to the ground. I can see kong to precisions coming to me soon... Also, did some kong/simple vaults to safeties on some really high rails. Man oh man, my kongs are so amazing. It's like flying.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 06:34:34 PM by -Ash- »

Pyrobyte

« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2010, 03:37:22 PM »
Nice out. Practiced.

Everything feels fluid and powerful.

.6 Mile Run - Easy