Author Topic: Knee Tendonitis - No more PK for a while  (Read 5482 times)

Offline W0LF

• Patas
    • View Profile
Knee Tendonitis - No more PK for a while
« on: November 22, 2005, 01:24:43 PM »
Looks like I"m out of PK for a month or so due to Tendonitis in my left knee...  :-\ Hope to be back with ya guys soon.

But on the bright side I'll still bug the hell out of you guys online  ;)
Peace.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:54:53 PM by Demon »

Gearsighted

Re: Knee Tendonitis - No more PK for a while
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 03:40:29 AM »
But on the bright side I'll still bug the hell out of you guys online

::)

Just keep in mind what I said, you have to REST before anything else, so don't let the temptation become too great and force you to get back to training before you're ready!

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 06:16:17 AM »
When did this flare up?  Did u get diaged by a doc?  I can feel your pain.  Over the summer I developed ITB (Iliotibial Band Syndrome), which is sort of like tendonitis in how it feels.  It is a common problem for runners.  I went to the sports medicine doc and he put me on some anti-inflammatories and a stretching routine to help clear things up.  I've also had tendonitis in my elbow (tennis elbow) from playing tennis.

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 11:34:14 PM »
i had a foot injury that put me on crutches for a few weeks. When i was all better, i guess my leg was weak from not using it for a few weeks and i injured my knee. I still have a slight lump and it has been a month or so since then. so for about two months i have been at about 40% capability. I am at about 75% capability right about now, and the hardest part is not doing anything to re-injure myself lol.

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:26:41 AM »
WOLF! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahh well i have a bruised bone in my hand so i won't be doing any vaults anytime soon  :(
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 08:02:21 PM »
Va-Parkour, you need to stop injuring yourselves!!!!  :P

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 07:45:26 AM »
Well, I tweaked my back yesterday somehow while working out.  It hurts like hell today and anything but lying down pretty much sucks.  So, add me to the VA-Parkour walking wounded.  Hopefully it will feel better by WED.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 10:01:47 PM »
I know a lot of Traceurs have trouble with their knees, including me.  But i've found something that really helps prevent and rehabilitate Tendonitis.  They are knee bands, "with them i can do anything" ;D, just kidding.  But they really do help.  There are all sorts of them out there.  They are so good because they act as a barrier for you tendon and knee.  You put them about 4 inches down from your knee cap (when standing up) it's usually the spot where you feel the most pain. I don't know a whole lot about it but from what I can figure is that tendonitis occurs when you knees become "over worked" from the pounding of everyday running and such.  Your knees can only handle so much stress and I know for a fact that parkour is probably one of the hardest sports on you knees, even if you are insanely good at it.  I'm an avid track runner as well as a Traceur, so I do a lot of running.  Since I started wearing the knee bands my knee tendonitis has greatly improved and it also feels like they add a little more spring to your step, but thats just me.  They are quite cool and I also quite fashionable ;D,.  They are also a great alternative for knee braces, they aren't as stable but they allow much more movement.  So if you feel like checking them out you could get them from and sports medicine store, the doctor (though insanely expensive that way), or a sporting good store.  Oh i've also seen them in walgreens, but anyway this is too much typing for one night, i'm going to bed.
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 10:06:05 PM »
I just found an image of one (they come in different colors) (mine are black) 8)

“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 07:20:11 PM »
my friend got auchgud shlatter (however you spell it) in both knees from running and jumping around too much... he cant do anything harder than a six foot drop for like, two years.
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 08:39:33 PM »
Ya one of my friends got that a while back and it now looks like he has two kneecaps, since the bump he got from auchgud shlatter (whatever) got so big :P.  He says that it hurts to even lightly touch it, but supposodley those knee bands I posted about are supposed to help prevent this.

Stereo29

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 07:42:43 PM »
One thing to remember about Cho-Pats (the knee straps) is that if you wear them too much, your leg becomes dependent on them, and your knees weaken so that it's hard without their help.  So don't overdo it.  And what is "auchgud shlatter?"  I would Google/Wiki it, but i doubt that's the right spelling. ;P

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 08:06:31 PM »
its an inflamation in your knees where you get a big lump on your knee (either just one or both) and it hurts like hell, sticks around for a long time. It also looks like you have multiple kneecaps. I dont know how to spell it, but you prounounce it like we said.
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 05:57:56 AM »
One thing to remember about Cho-Pats (the knee straps) is that if you wear them too much, your leg becomes dependent on them, and your knees weaken so that it's hard without their help.  So don't overdo it.  And what is "auchgud shlatter?"  I would Google/Wiki it, but i doubt that's the right spelling. ;P

I think he was saying osgood-schlatters