Author Topic: Whar are we called?  (Read 3096 times)

Offline dr.trix

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Whar are we called?
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »
I was wondering what you call someone who practices PKFR? Like how a person who races is a racer and one who paints is a painter. 'PKFRer' is kinda odd to say so what should I say I am a 'runner,' 'parkourist'?

Offline Kyle Gouch 'Triple K'

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Primates
    • View Profile
Re: Whar are we called?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
Traceur or Freerunner. Pronounce it how you like.

Offline BrandonDean

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
I don't know if you know it, but I will assume that you don't just for the sake of the post. PK is the abbreviation for parkour and FR is the abbreviation for freerunning. They aren't the same thing. Somebody that does parkour is a traceur (like a trace-or) and sombody that does freerunning is a freerunner. You are pretty much one or the other. However, you can be one that does the other occasionally.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »
I don't know if you know it, but I will assume that you don't just for the sake of the post. PK is the abbreviation for parkour and FR is the abbreviation for freerunning. They aren't the same thing. Somebody that does parkour is a traceur (like a trace-or) and sombody that does freerunning is a freerunner. You are pretty much one or the other. However, you can be one that does the other occasionally.

Freerunning was initially coined as the English synonym for Parkour.

And while the words have grown to have different connotations, just know that the words technically mean the exact same thing as according to the initial dubber.
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 04:55:31 PM »
just know that the words technically mean the exact same thing as according to the initial dubber.

... and they mean the same thing to "outsiders." They don't care why you do it, they just think it looks cool. :P
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline dr.trix

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 03:34:56 AM »
Coolieo, I did know what the abbreviations stood for, I just didn't know what to call my self. Thanx fellas.

Offline bhole

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 09:47:36 PM »
Microsoft offers us free xbox live codes which can help us in playing xbox live.Here https://freexboxlive.xyz/ we can play xbox live exclusively free.