Author Topic: Nathan Bailey's training log  (Read 728 times)

Offline evilpenguin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • thyella
Nathan Bailey's training log
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:24:49 PM »
Height-5'7"
Starting Facts

Weight-150lbs

Basic Goals-to become stronger and more flexible enough and have enough endurance to be able to do parkour efficiently and not have to stop ever few minutes to "catch a breather"

Specific Goal(s)-to be able to meet the requirements for the USMC PFT (just to prove I can not to join)

I wasn't going to start one of these because I didn't want people reading it, but after two days of very light training and realizing exactly how out of shape I am I decided I need to keep one just for accountability's sake and possibly some help.

2/1/2010
First day I've worked out in a long time
I started off with some basic stretches just to warm up a little bit, then I did 15 pushups and then 50 situps and then another 15 pushups. By the time I got done I felt like I was gonna throw up and my lungs were burning.

2/2/2010
I walked for about 20 min. Then did some extremely basic parkour moves (rolls, kongs lazy, and speed vaults if I remember correctly) on some nearby picnic tables for about 8 min. After this I was really out of breath and I had to go back to the car for my water. I decided to run part of the way back and that lasted for 2 min. or so and I felt like I was going to throw up and my lungs and chest were burning.

It doesn't seem to be my muscles that make me quit really but my stomach and lungs just make me feel like I'm sick so I have to stop or I'll feel like that for hours. Does anyone have any ideas about conditioning endurance or whatever this problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 02:45:50 PM by evilpenguin »

Offline evilpenguin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • thyella
Re: Nathan Bailey's training log
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
Well yesterday I had to be by my computer all day waiting for an IM from someone and I didn't get around to exercising so I just did 30 quick pushups today to make up for it we'll count yesterday as a rest day >.< I'm gonna take a shower and go do something for today

Offline evilpenguin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • thyella
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »
ok i didnt get around to running and honestly i've felt really lazy the last two days so I did an extra 35 pushups (5 more than i've done in some time plus my arms have been sore from the last few days so i'm sorta proud of it but not really)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:02:53 PM by evilpenguin »

Offline evilpenguin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • thyella
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:57:41 PM »
I tested myself for two new stats today and I can hold a hand stand against a wall for 18 sec. (prolly longer but my arms are still a little sore),
and I can hold a regular hand stand for 5 sec.

Today for a workout I practiced handstands, did 25 push ups, 2 min. of jumping jacks, 2 min. of roll practice, 1 min. of kipup (spelling?) practice, and a few minutes of precision/balance training on some boards out back.

Also while I was practicing my rolls I realized I hit pretty hard on my lower side/back and it kind of hurts...I don't have much muscle there though so that might be why. If not can anyone tell me how to fix this? and any exercises to strengthen it would be nice
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:03:14 PM by evilpenguin »