Author Topic: AACC Jam TBA  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
AACC Jam TBA
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »
Used to be a good number of us that went to Anne Arundel Community College to train and jam and I'd love to see it get going again. Just trying to get some interest going again. I was thinking of doing a jam or starting up something weekly maybe next weekend?

Let me know what day/time works for you on a weekly basis. Or what day during the weekend would be best for a jam. I'll post it up based on response and what works best.
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
Re: AACC Jam TBA
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:49:01 AM »
Just so you know, I was there last Friday afternoon (around 4pm) with Janine. We were there, i was hopping up and down (to stay warm), she had done TWO warmup rolls and security came out.

Maybe it was just bad timing, but it's looking worse and worse there..

Also, come to my jam! http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,23909.0/topicseen.html

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:05:06 PM »
Probably just timing. It seems to me that AACC is a place you either get nailed right off the bat or not at all the whole time you're there. It's pretty odd there isn't much in-between but oh well.

To be fair though if I was just warming up and doing some rolls I would argue with them in a heartbeat over it. Catching me climbing up a wall is fine, heck even if they said they had a report from someone that saw me that's okay too, but if I'm just doing QM/ Vaults on tables (which they have told me repeatedly is okay by them) or warming up/conditioning they better be prepared for me to verbally tear them a new one. (respectfully of course)

At that point there is technically no difference between us and the sports teams that jog laps around the road. If anything they are more in the way and causing a disturbance since half the time they are in the middle of the damn road and you have to swerve around them or make them aware that you are about to run them over.

(they wear dark colors on nights even, freaking idiots. And yet WE get all the sh*t from the guards grrrrrr. . .)
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline Sam Slater

• Patas
  • a.k.a. 'Disciple'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »
The last few times I have been there (and I made sure to space them at least a month apart) I was kicked out really fast.  I have never had any good luck with the campus PD there.

Offline montgomery

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
I went there before all this started and was there for a good two hours and no one said anything then again it was a mlk day.
love is my religion, i would die for it.

Offline nick anderson

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 09:05:21 PM »
LOL this struggle between security and us is as old as time itself o.o (if u guys haven't caught it im getting back on the forums to get ready for spring and summer) hmmm if i had a say in it (hopefully i still do since i was one of the only shower uppers) i think the best plan is to alternate between glenn burnie high and aacc to take some of the heat off. If it is getting worse and worse then the less heat the better.
got Jesus?

Offline Jon Hurst

• Patas
  • cuerpo fuerte, mente sano
    • View Profile