Author Topic: free running game update  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
Re: free running game update
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 07:07:57 AM »
So if I wanted to get the Game for a American PSP...but ordered it out of the UK...it wouldnt work?
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline ez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 08:28:20 AM »
As far as I'm aware, PSP's aren't region coded. I bought mine in Singapore and it plays UK and US games.

As for PS2's, they need to be chipped in order to play other regions. However, that's illegal and I wouldn't condone such actions.  :P

There is also talk of a PC version (at some point) and there's also talk of a franchise deal, so if this is a success FR2 and FR3 will be produced.

Offline M1L3S

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 11:38:25 AM »
M2 that was a really bad example, you know what I meant.  I do agree with positive part of your staement.   Anyway, I regocnize the potential pro and con effects from the outcome of this game.  Train on.

Offline Zeus

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Dont listen to Sat....Think with your balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 11:47:47 AM »
Do you think it ever will come out in the states?

Offline ez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »
Its not my call but it was pitched to Lucasarts and another big US game co (sorry forgot name) and they didn't get the concept at all.  The general feel at Rebellion is that although you have pockets of activity in the states, its still relatively unknown and there certainly isn't enough of a profile to warrant the release of the game over there just yet.

From Rebellions perspective, the whole thing is about to blow up in the states with the Bond movie, the X-games and ESPN projects and a bunch of other smaller bits n bobs.

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I didn't know you could put words here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 01:23:01 PM »
How does X-Games relate to Parkour?

The ReTraining Logs of CyanideSoda
  Post constructive comments please.

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 05:18:57 PM »
How does X-Games relate to Parkour?

They're both hip?

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 05:31:15 PM »
Mark, I don't think those are good examples.  People are aware of the consequences of what occurs in those games.  Prince of Persia is a FANTASY game.  they don't expect it to be akin to reality.  GTA is about breaking the law.  A freerunning game will contain these amazing techniques and will also say, "By the way, this is a REAL sport.  People ACTUALLY do this."  And THAT'S when misinformation gets to the point of being dangerous.  There are those who -will- research it, sure, but there are also those who will just go out there and jump.  Luckily, it's not being released in the US, since we have more morons than anywhere else, it seems.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline colin jensen

• Patas
  • Free or Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
i agree with animus on this one. i agree with everything he said. expecially about the morons in the u.s.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

The universe may not always play fair, but atleast it has one hell of a sense of humor.

Offline Streetviper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 05:07:04 AM »
truly.
if it was realesed in the states the death toll and suicide toll would double from 10 year olds tring to jump from there third story windows. and parkour would lose it's scarcity value. and as we have all heard a billion times ( tis could be the death of parkour as we know it blah blah blah..
  parkour has survived britain come over the ocean and is here now it is probably not going to die unless someone does something stupid and turns into skate boarding sans board..duh duh duuuhhh.(horror music)>:)~
With out passion , effort is meaningless.

Offline Gabe

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 06:56:38 AM »
Tony Hawk's game came very nicely and nobody killed himself by treying to imitate the game (as far as i know).
Let's just wait and see, i don't think that kids will kill themself's trying to imitate. The least they can do is research and learn more.

But one thing is right, once the game is out the number of Free-Runners will increase ALOT!

Offline M1L3S

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 10:18:30 AM »
Animus Light, perfect statement.  Game Recognize Game