Author Topic: Night Endurance Sessions  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Eric Kropp

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Night Endurance Sessions
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:30:08 PM »
I found a great method of training that boosts your endurance, speed, creativity, and awareness.  At night go to an area with assorted things to jump, or basically anywhere with something to do parkour on.  Pick a distance and run full speed the entire way creating a run as you go alone.  It really helps you be aware of the obstacles because it is night, and creativity because your trying to put a run together on the fly. Try and set the distance as far as you can until you can't run any longer. often when I train like this I find myself going back to the same part to see what kind of new runs I can make. Hope you guys try this new style out.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 03:34:11 PM by ek2 »

Gearsighted

Re: Night Endurance Sessions
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 04:15:37 PM »
Indeed, it is a great training method. Check out my thoughts here:

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,2377.0.html

Offline Eric Kropp

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »
Yeah, I read the the other day.  I actually found myself able to do stuff a lot more cleanly at night then I would during the day because I really had to be careful about it.

Offline M1L3S

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 10:20:17 AM »
Sounds great I will partake in that soon.

Offline Nik "Nik" Horvat

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 10:59:18 AM »
also a lot of the sensory distractions are gone at night.  Less ambient noise and visual distractions.  You can really focus on what you are trying to do.
"All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible."
-William Faulkner

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.