Author Topic: MAJOR MENTAL BLOCK!!!!!  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Wyatt Kessler

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
MAJOR MENTAL BLOCK!!!!!
« on: January 19, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »
I keep tripping up, I am trying to wall flip and keep under flipping to my chest, what can i doooo??????  I try to flip more and more everytime but I'm not getting anywhereee
Kenosha Parkour
Parkour - Its not just something you do, it's the way you do it, and how you work to show the impact on your life from it

tentonbrick

Re: MAJOR MENTAL BLOCK!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »
are you tucking?  are you looking at the landing? the body follows the head.

Offline Wyatt Kessler

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »
I haven't been tucking, i'm trying to do a straight body backflip, should I try tucking first and then slowly extending my body as i get better?? I don't really look at the landing
Kenosha Parkour
Parkour - Its not just something you do, it's the way you do it, and how you work to show the impact on your life from it

tentonbrick

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
well if your doing it just to do it, tuck at the end to give it extra spin. you shouldn't NEED to tuck, tucking just makes it easier. you should progress from completing it with the tuck at the end, then slowly tucking less and less if you can't do it without tucking at all. Looking at the landing should help you get a cleaner arc, and flip much more efficiently. Think of not looking at the landing like your applying the brakes almost to the flip. Once you look at it, it should (after practice, of course) feel much more fluid. good luck! [:

Offline Austin Lutz

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:38:50 PM »
You should also check your distance to the wall, if you are too far away than you lose explosive power.  Also, if you are closer to the wall, it forces you to tuck more so you don't clip the wall, which would help your chances of executing the move successfully :D