Author Topic: UNC Charlotte Parkour Club (proposed)  (Read 2373 times)

Erby

UNC Charlotte Parkour Club (proposed)
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
We're currently in the works of getting a club started here at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.  We're been talking with the guy in charge of sports clubs and he's pretty much got our backs the whole way.  The thing is the approval process here works from the top down.  We have to get approval first from
  The Chancellor
Then -
  Chancellor's legal
  Student Organizations
  Student Organization's legal (they're separate and don't necessarily talk to Chancellor's legal)
  Sports Clubs
  Done
Also, we never get to talk to any of these people, he has to represent us the whole way.  We've provided him with a volley of info on the topic.  A lot of information similar to and backing up things like the OSU guys have in their proposal.  We collaborated on answering some basic questions of his and after critique from him have transferred it into a powerpoint, which he will use when he goes to meet with the Chancellor's legal (he's meeting with them first, since if he gets approval from them, the Chancellor will basically just nod his head).
So basically the point of this post is, all of us in the Charlotte crew seem to approve of the content of this so far.  The thing is I want to make sure it fits its audience, a legal department.  I was hoping some of you guys with more experience with dealing with those types might be able to add a bit of critique and maybe help add or add suggestions for re-wordings here and there.  Better taylor this to what those types like to hear.  Any help is much appreciated.
The powerpoint:  http://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AZmzi_Yo56J7ZGd4M2hra2tfMTJnajM4aGNnbQ&hl=en
 :-Sarcasm

Offline SlØth

• Mangabey
  • Virtus
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
Re: UNC Charlotte Parkour Club (proposed)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »
We're currently in the works of getting a club started here at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.  We're been talking with the guy in charge of sports clubs and he's pretty much got our backs the whole way.  The thing is the approval process here works from the top down.  We have to get approval first from
  The Chancellor
Then -
  Chancellor's legal
  Student Organizations
  Student Organization's legal (they're separate and don't necessarily talk to Chancellor's legal)
  Sports Clubs
  Done
Also, we never get to talk to any of these people, he has to represent us the whole way.  We've provided him with a volley of info on the topic.  A lot of information similar to and backing up things like the OSU guys have in their proposal.  We collaborated on answering some basic questions of his and after critique from him have transferred it into a powerpoint, which he will use when he goes to meet with the Chancellor's legal (he's meeting with them first, since if he gets approval from them, the Chancellor will basically just nod his head).
So basically the point of this post is, all of us in the Charlotte crew seem to approve of the content of this so far.  The thing is I want to make sure it fits its audience, a legal department.  I was hoping some of you guys with more experience with dealing with those types might be able to add a bit of critique and maybe help add or add suggestions for re-wordings here and there.  Better taylor this to what those types like to hear.  Any help is much appreciated.
The powerpoint:  http://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AZmzi_Yo56J7ZGd4M2hra2tfMTJnajM4aGNnbQ&hl=en
 :-Sarcasm

(edit: forgot I had two accounts on here.  Just finished deleting the second one to avoid confusing myself again, if a moderator sees this could you delete the old post by the old account?)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:08:23 PM by SlØth »
facebook // youtube // Flickr // North Carolina Parkour

Offline SlØth

• Mangabey
  • Virtus
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
Re: UNC Charlotte Parkour Club (proposed)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »
The finished powerpoint: http://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AZmzi_Yo56J7ZGd4M2hra2tfNDc1amdtc3djY3A&hl=en

The sports club guy at school has our back, the first people he has to present this to is our chancellor's legal department.  If he gets their approval, all other levels of approval we need should be a downhill battle.  He says chances of approval are around 50/50.  Wish us luck.
facebook // youtube // Flickr // North Carolina Parkour