Author Topic: Fresh start.  (Read 1194 times)

Offline AshleyMoonlight

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Fresh start.
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:25:41 AM »
I just recently got into Parkour.
I have been developing a basic start up work out. Does anyone have any good tips for me? The football coach at my school offered to train me with the football team after school but I think I should start with something a little more basic before hand.

Offline Jam Harris

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh start.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »
what kind of tips are you looking for?

Offline Matthew McDanel

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »
Conditioning is super important-

if thats what the football team is doing (running, Agility drills ext ext) that wouldnt be a bad place to start.

check out the fitness section try to build a good conditioning routine (Workout of the days are a good way to go)

as far as Parkour techniques is concerned.- probably should start with your rolls and your landings.

(i will find you a good video link here shortly)

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJAyNxig_A here is a great roll tutorial. its the best place to start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJ90doKqRs another good roll tutorial- also includeds a landing tutorial.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:47:51 PM by Matthew McDanel »

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:19:04 PM »
What are your goals (be sure to make them specific i.e. 5 pullups, do a backflip, 10 pushups, etc.)
I eat a lot of food.

ichisato

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 06:54:45 PM »
Do alot of body training for your first YEAR.

id say 60:40 ratio (60% physical body training then 40% technique mixed in)

after the first year make it like 30:70 :P (phys:technique) and go all out

great to see girls gettin into this :D

Offline AshleyMoonlight

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »
The coach recommended I start out with 20 push ups & sit ups, and 5 pullups daily. He also said I should do sprints twice a week and work on running twice a week. I'm fully aware this is going to take a while to accomplish and thats why I chose it. I have lots of free time and I need to occupy it.

And all my guy friends doubt me and I'm already jumping farther than most of them, haha.

I've been working on landing and rolls every other day. I have a friend who is very good and I train with him. I also have other friends that live else where that are pretty good. They send me tips and such.

Offline P.R. Stuart

• Guenons
  • An All-American Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 09:31:01 AM »
I know how it can get with a sport AND PK training, but you should still go to football conditioning too.  You're going to want to spend time getting a basic fitness before you start any complicated techniques, but there's no reason why precisions and such that you're talking about couldn't go along with it, seeing as you've got so much free time.
I decided not to put something deep here.  I'm in this for the physical aspect, the mental and spiritual are my own.

Offline Matthew McDanel

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 10:17:43 AM »
The coach recommended I start out with 20 push ups & sit ups, and 5 pullups daily. He also said I should do sprints twice a week and work on running twice a week. I'm fully aware this is going to take a while to accomplish and thats why I chose it. I have lots of free time and I need to occupy it.

And all my guy friends doubt me and I'm already jumping farther than most of them, haha.

I've been working on landing and rolls every other day. I have a friend who is very good and I train with him. I also have other friends that live else where that are pretty good. They send me tips and such.

going to need some leg strength to- might want to consider some squats as well.