Author Topic: Road trip  (Read 2391 times)

Offline AoGKoala

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Road trip
« on: January 11, 2010, 01:52:10 PM »
Hey everyone.  Im from minnesota and I have found myself contemplating, recently, a thought that I had.  I am making plans now to take a road trip to Colorado this summer.  I just had some questions that I thought I would throw at you all.

1.  What time of the summer would you guys consider the best time to go?  I know the colorado national jam is big and I've heard its great but I do not know whether or not I will be able to go during August.

2.  I am looking at staying in the Denver or Boulder area.  Any suggestions aboutcheap hotels to stay at and good places to hit up depending on whichever location?

3.  Are there any weekly jams held during the summer?  and if so which day?

4.  Would anyone like to meet up with me and my friends while I go down there?  It would be great to have a guide who knows some hotspots and a knowledge of the city.  City driving is the worst.

Offline AoGKoala

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Road trip
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 01:53:34 PM »
O and one more thing.  I am not that great at parkour.  I am trying hard to get better quick. I will have been training for about a year and a few months when I go.  So if that influences whether or not you wanna meet up I understand.  Have a great year.  hope to hear from you!

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:30:31 PM »
If not August, then anytime. :D

Not too sure about the hotel stuffs. Yeah but you can for sure have one of us meet up with you I probably can. :D There are soo many hotspots, you definitly have to check out Cat Fountain..CU Boulder..we can probably hook you up man, show you around, just let us know when you have dates set up and stuff. You gotta stop by our gym too, APEX Movement. Freakin epic. T'will be a blasty blast.

Offline Wyo Daniel

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Wyoming Parkour
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:27:56 PM »
O and one more thing.  I am not that great at parkour.  I am trying hard to get better quick. I will have been training for about a year and a few months when I go.  So if that influences whether or not you wanna meet up I understand.  Have a great year.  hope to hear from you!

I don't think you will ever meet a traceur who is unwilling to teach / help / jam with you because of your lack of experience. I've gotten calls more or less along the lines of "Hi, I've never even heard of parkour before yesterday, but now I'm interested in it and want to learn more, can you meet up with me?" "F*** yeah I can!"

And, I should mention, many, many years ago when I was first starting parkour, the COPK guys were similarly accommodating and helpful (Thanks Ryan, Sat, Logan, and the FoCo crew!).
Front leaning rest position, move. In cadence!

Offline Jordan Lerner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 11:30:10 AM »
the outlook hotel in boulder is fairly cheap, if you are interested. I'd like to see all different kinds of jams this summer, and there are usually some down in denver, at least once a month. and the CU campus is nice, so maybe something there. if you are coming, i'd be happy to train with you.
"Parkour: shift the way you move."

"LET IT BE KNOWN THAT OREGON PARKOUR IN NO WAY SUPPORTS ACCIDENTALLY DROPPING BABIES OUT OF THE WOMB DURING CAT LEAPS" - Stuuuuu

Offline AoGKoala

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 05:24:53 PM »
Hey thanks guys for responding.  I have been looking at some weeks in July and I might try to look at some in August.  I will definitely check out that hotel.  I found a cheap one (I think motel 6) thats only a few blocks from cat fountain which i think I might look at getting a room at.  I figured most of you would not mind training with me even though I'm not al that great.  I got time though to hone my skills before I go.  I look forward to making some plans and getting everything set up.  Hope to get back to you with updated plans.  If anyone else has stuff to say feel free to post.

Offline cOUCH

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:57:33 AM »
Hey everyone.  Im from minnesota and I have found myself contemplating, recently, a thought that I had.  I am making plans now to take a road trip to Colorado this summer.  I just had some questions that I thought I would throw at you all.

1.  What time of the summer would you guys consider the best time to go?  I know the colorado national jam is big and I've heard its great but I do not know whether or not I will be able to go during August.

2.  I am looking at staying in the Denver or Boulder area.  Any suggestions aboutcheap hotels to stay at and good places to hit up depending on whichever location?

3.  Are there any weekly jams held during the summer?  and if so which day?

4.  Would anyone like to meet up with me and my friends while I go down there?  It would be great to have a guide who knows some hotspots and a knowledge of the city.  City driving is the worst.
Yo chris.. im from minnesota... And a Good hotel isnt too much, but if you want something cheap. around 55th and federal is cheap, they got a motel RV park for about 40 a night or something like that... its right next to westminster. but i didnt like the area too much. I prefer downtown... i got a friend in downtown denver, so hit me up and ill call him and tell him to look for cheap hotels. but for a good parkour spot... the downtown area is great... near the 16th street mall... I used to go there every sunday for a coulpe months... I was out there this summer that just passed... Colorado effin Rocks dude...