Author Topic: Tulsa Parkour  (Read 34952 times)

Offline ParkourCliff0914

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa Parkour
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »
Hey guys... uh im 16... really into free running/parkour... i go to jenks and have a couple friends who are interested in a meet... were all beginners but i have some experience and run on my own alot... itd be good to hear from you guys
"Its better to be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline jj_shift89

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Jared and I attend college at ORU in Tulsa. I'm originally from Minnesota, but I'm a freshman, so I'm new to the area. I've been interested in Parkour for a while, and I have done a little training. I'd like to meet up and train with anybody in Tulsa who is available. I could possibly do weeknights, but weekends would probably work better since I'm in school. I don't think I'll be able to make it to Oklahoma City for any of their OKPK training sessions, but would love to start training here in Tulsa soon. The only thing is that I don't know the area, so I don't really know where to find any hotspots to train at. Anybody who is interested just let me know, thanks.

Offline Chris [.5gibbon] Stevenson!

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 07:13:05 AM »
we need to reschedule the big tulsa jam!   okc could all pile into a car or two and head out and meat some of the tulsa traceurs to teach and learn.    we could do it on a saturday in place of the okc jams.
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe

Offline Sharpie AKA Steven Sharpe

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »
i am definitely in. 
if you don't enjoy training alone, your training for the wrong reasons.

The World. My Playground.
The Streets. My Home.
The Architecture. My Inspiration.
The Fear. My Motivation.
The Sweat, the Scars, the Pain. My Proof.
My Name. Traceur.

Offline jesterx7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 01:53:19 AM »
hey jj shift, im from minnesota too and just started looking up parkour and free running.  would be awesome if tulsa had a permanent thing going.

Offline Jordan "Sirlig" Nelson

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Oklahoma Parkour
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 10:41:49 AM »
hey jj shift, im from minnesota too and just started looking up parkour and free running.  would be awesome if tulsa had a permanent thing going.

"Permanent things" are started by self-motivated traceurs who train on a regular basis, regardless of who else shows up.  OKC had traceurs regularly training LONG before OKPK ever became an idea, and OKPK only "works" in Oklahoma City because we already have a regular core of traceurs and training.

If you want to see something in Tulsa, then start training regularly and tell everyone when/where you train.  You cannot sit back and expect someone else to do the work for you.  If you do not feel comfortable in your skill level, work on conditioning and easy skills over and over and over at the same time/place and let everyone know.  Eventually you will find other traceurs, and you will be much better yourself.
"Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness.  Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."  --Bruce Lee

www.freewebs.com/oklahomaparkour

Offline jesterx7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »
Like I said in a different post about the same thing, I am not trying to be pushy.  I understand what it takes to get a permanent anything going.  I am not saying that you or anyone else should be responsible for setting up anything else for anyone outside of what you guys are already doing. 

I am still new to the whole thing and I plan to train on my own to get my own skills up and I would like to in the future coordinate some things to get more people in the same area training together or helping each other out.

I am sorry that my comments came off so negatively.

Offline jj_shift89

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 12:27:16 AM »
Well jesterx7, I'm assuming you are in Tulsa than. If this is right, where are you? I attend ORU which is right off of 81st, on South Lewis Avenue. I've been in contact with another guy in Tulsa who wants to do something, but we haven't found a time to meet. I'm definitely interested in training sometime. Shoot me an email if you get this soon. I don't do a very good job with checking the forums on here. Here it is: jirele_monster@hotmail.com, thanks.

Offline Chris [.5gibbon] Stevenson!

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 08:06:24 AM »
alrighty then!  can i get at least two phone numbers of traceurs in tulsa who train regularly and are interested in OKPK coming to tulsa?  you can pm them to me, call me at 405-306-6532 or send them to my email at ninjasteveson@yahoo.com.   thanks.
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe

Offline Kurt .S.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »
im in tulsa to i just started and i can do a simple and almost a kong vault is this still happenen

Offline Pono

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »
Hey everyone. My name is jesse and im 17 years old. Ive been practicing parkour for about a 2 months. Me and 3 of my buddies practice at least once a week. we usually try to a couple of times and if anyone is interested in practicing with us let me know. i live at 71st and memorial and am lookin for some people that are somewhat knowledgeable in parkour. and if not its fine we will fill u in. were actually going to practice today. so let me know if u wanna tag along. peace!
"We SHOULD ENJOY the journey of training, not rush through it to get to the top, because the top will only be as strong as the base you built it on." Travis Tetting

Offline jaytt9393

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »
hey im jay, and im almost 16 and i love parkour and just moved to BROKEN ARROW and i have no where to train, if anyone knows of any good places in ba to train, please reply and we can get together. thanks.

Offline Cody G.

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 06:54:53 AM »
come train down town okc w chris and i! its good stuff  :o
"I refer to my hands, feet and body as the tools of the trade. The hands and feet must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient." Bruce Lee

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg

Offline Cody G.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 06:56:40 AM »
(405)476-4581  give me a call to find out dates and meeting places cuz there is no schedule right now for us.
"I refer to my hands, feet and body as the tools of the trade. The hands and feet must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient." Bruce Lee

Offline jaytt9393

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2009, 10:05:13 PM »
thanks for the reply but i am stuck in broken arrow oklahoma and i was wondering if anyone had good places to train in BA

Offline jaytt9393

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2009, 10:18:04 PM »
but i will give u a call soon. maybe we could meat in tulsa some time

Offline Cody G.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 07:01:44 AM »
yeah for sure ;)

Offline Pono

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 07:34:06 PM »
i dont know any in ba but there are a couple of decent places in tulsa if u wanna hit those up sometime.
"We SHOULD ENJOY the journey of training, not rush through it to get to the top, because the top will only be as strong as the base you built it on." Travis Tetting

Offline Pono

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 07:39:02 PM »
jaytt hit me up if u wanna parkour sometime. (918)902-6790

Offline jaytt9393

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2009, 08:10:19 AM »
alright thanks. i go down to tulsa most often so its cool.