Author Topic: Tulsa Parkour  (Read 34951 times)

Offline goatlip

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Tulsa Parkour
« on: August 31, 2006, 09:45:37 AM »
Anyone in Tulsa into this. let me know. I'm going to be doing some training near 71st and Memorial. let me know.
Rock it like you mean it.

Offline applesauce

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa Parkour
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 01:53:49 PM »
hey man. great to have u here. its matt, whats up?
Just how deep does the rabbit hole go?

Offline Shinibisho

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:14:28 PM »
I live right outside of Tulsa, maybe we can session sometime.

WRCrew

Offline goatlip

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 09:46:30 AM »
Hey guys. Thanks. I've just started a little while ago, but have been getting a little better. use to skate alot, but this is more fun. I'm probably a little older than you guys i think, 30  :o but i don't care. shoot me an email if you're out.
Rock it like you mean it.

Offline WaterBoy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Courtesy of Captain Insano
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 06:12:17 PM »
If you're going to PK at 71st and Mem, hit the Stiffy Lube right there. I used to work there.
Unless you were going to just stick to the mall. My bad then.
Let me know how it goes. I didn't know about Parkour at the time I lived there, and I still have family there. I'll let you know if I ever visit, cool?
'You can't be done! You haven't puked yet!'--wrestling coach

Offline FinnishCraig3

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 06:22:48 PM »
I go to the University of Tulsa and I have never done Parkour  but I am very interested in starting.  send me and e-mail on dates, times, location or something if you don't mind.  FinnishCraig3@gmail.com
thanks.  peace.

Offline Jonesy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »
Hey! Just happened across a vid on myspace a few days ago and I'm hooked. I've started training by myself and a couple of my friends seem interested as well.

Offline Delfry

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 10:21:34 PM »
Broken arrow

Offline PoleJuice

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 02:52:25 AM »
Hey, I'm at TU and a buddy of mine and I are really interested in parkour.  We've done a little bit a few times, he's much better than I am.

Anyways, if you guys would like to get together sometime we'd definately be up for it.

Offline Jordan "Sirlig" Nelson

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Oklahoma Parkour
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 12:53:45 AM »
Hey PoleJuice!  Right now, OKPK is actually working on getting together some regular sessions in the Tulsa area!  So be sure to keep checking around here and on the OKPK website www.oklahomaparkour.tk!  Til then, I'm sure there are some folks here who would meet up and train with you!
"Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness.  Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."  --Bruce Lee

www.freewebs.com/oklahomaparkour

Offline AnimaS

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 09:43:22 AM »
Hey All,

Aaron from Broken Arrow here.  New to Parkour and it looks fun.  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready to meet up and start training in the Tulsa area.  I saw the post on OKPC that stated they are setting something up, so I sent an email off to see how that is being coordinated.  Til' then - anyone interested in doing a session this Saturday (March 1, 08)? 

Aaron

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Oklahoma Parkour
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 04:52:38 PM »
Hey Aaron!  I've yet to check my email, but if you sent an email to the OKPK account, it will be sent to me!  I'm glad you're ready to get training, and indeed we are trying to set up some things in Tulsa, but the ball is moving slowly as far as getting anything permanent right now.

As far as March 1 goes, OKPK is setting up a jam in Stillwater, OK at Oklahoma State University.  Lucky for you, this is pretty much smack dab in between Tulsa and Oklahoma City, so this would be an awesome opportunity for you to meet up with both the OKC and Tulsa groups in one day if you can manage the transportation!

Hope to see you there.  If you have any questions, you can post them here or you can email the OKPK address!
"Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness.  Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."  --Bruce Lee

Offline AnimaS

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 09:26:18 PM »
Cool, thanks for the March 1 info.  Is the directions/time listed on the OKPK website?  Would this be a good meetup for a noob?  I haven't had one session yet.  ;D 

Aaron

Offline AnimaS

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
Cool, thanks for the March 1 info.  Is the directions/time listed on the OKPK website?  Would this be a good meetup for a noob?  I haven't had one session yet.  ;D 

never mind - saw the thread in the Jams section with relevant info.

AnimaS

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Oklahoma Parkour
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »
No problem.  And ANY session is good for a noob  ;D  We're always happy to see new people wanting to learn, but this one might be ESPECIALLY good since we could have some people from the Tulsa side coming, since it's sort of a midpoint.

Offline zakk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 09:42:57 PM »
hi everyone im zakk im 17 and just got into parkour and was wondering if anyone would wana meet up and train sometime?

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Oklahoma Parkour
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 10:28:09 PM »
Just in case you guys don't check the OKPK website or the "Really great jams" sub-section in the Oklahoma board, we are going to hold an introductory jam in Tulsa, tentatively scheduled for Saturday April 12th.  Turnout at this jam will go a long way in helping to determine whether ongoing effort on behalf of OKPK members from Oklahoma City will be worth the effort and expense yet.  We definitely want to start some permanent, regularly-scheduled stuff overseen by established traceurs, but many of those live in the City and it is difficult to go to Tulsa on a regular basis if nobody shows up!

So, long story short, if you'd like to see stuff start up in Tulsa soon, come to the jam and say so!  Otherwise, if turnout is low, we may have to postpone any regularly-scheduled events until interest is higher.

So come on out and learn!!!  No experience in parkour is necessary; that's what it's for!!!  More details will be posted here and on the okpk website ( www.oklahomaparkour.tk ) as they become available.

Offline Delfry

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 06:49:26 PM »
that would be great dude

Offline EnBu

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »
Um I'm 13 or 14 that Ok? I mean I have a little experience anyone willing to give me some pointers?

Offline Chris [.5gibbon] Stevenson!

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 08:46:53 PM »
haha your not sure how old you are?  thats kinda cool!  well the biggest pointer i can give would point right to oklahoma city on a monday, wednesday, or saturday at 11:00 a.m.  i can teach you anything you need to know.
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe